PDA

View Full Version : Watchtower and Peasant Archers

Brother Malleus
08-01-2012, 19:46
This occurred in a game over the weekend I won the roll and elected to put my 15 Peasant Bowmen with Brazier (stupid peasants) in a watchtower....in this situation what happens to their defensive stakes

Scalebug
09-01-2012, 10:22
Technically, as you have no choice in taking the stakes, and the rules are clear and strict on where you put them (in front of your front rank, and in your deployment zone), Peasant bowmen cannot start in the watch tower...

A lot of people would house-rule it to simply mean that the peasants lose their stakes if they go on watchtower duty though.

T10
09-01-2012, 11:57
Presumably you can insist on deploying the peasants in the tower, be unable to do so due to the impossibility of deploying the defensive stakes and thus be unable to complete deployment. This is a sad situation since the two players will starve to death by the table. More blood on GW's hands, I guess.

Or perhaps you could simply discount the defensive stakes since that makes makes more sense. Just my opinion. Just make sure to bring a sack lunch in case this scenario comes up again.

-T10

Scalebug
09-01-2012, 12:16
No, this is not one of those cases... there is no looping around freezing the game, it is just one player refusing do something, that could happen to anything, like saying the players starved to death because one players refused to roll his saves after the other had rolled to wound.. You do not have to deploy anything in the tower...

Memnos
09-01-2012, 12:23
My suggestion would be that they deploy their stakes around the tower.

Because... Dude. They're WS2, LD... What? 5? 6?

I'm pretty sure having -1 to hit them in combat won't be game breaking.