PDA

View Full Version : A question about a sale..

dreamopolis
09-01-2012, 10:46
Since I don't think this really belongs in any other forum.

I'm asking, when buying second hand models, what state to people prefer models to be in? On the sprue? Painted? Boxed? I would like to increase my chances of selling my collection and most of them are unpainted, but partly assembled.

Please move if there could be a better forum for this.

SteVieBizzLe
09-01-2012, 10:54
Depends what people are looking for...normally if I buy from ebay the main thing I look for is unpainted. Not too bothered about assembled or not. But even if they are painted I know good techniques for stripping plastics!

There's no 'best way to sell' because everyone is different in what they are looking for!

xxRavenxx
09-01-2012, 11:43
A lot of people like new on sprue, because its like making a new purchase, but on the cheap.

Some people like built models. (I love it when I find well built models, so I can just paint without the building work.)

Some people like their models painted, providing the job is good.

Your problem is deciding which market will be best to hit with your second hand models. Do you have a local games store with a second hand cabinet? They can often be a great place to fence models.

colonel kane trine
09-01-2012, 11:55
I only go for new on sprue or well assembled and primed.
Id only go for painted stuff if its cheap,rare or well painted.

People look for different things. Id just list what you have in the trading forum and see what interest it gets

boli
09-01-2012, 12:12
- The biggest thing people look for is value. for example can you get a batalion box for cheaper than elsewhere?
- The next biggest thing is condition it has to be unbroken or at the least mendable.

If you have cheap models in good condition it doesn't matter if they are painted assembled or on the sprue they'll sell well. I personally keep on the lookout for badly painted minatures as they sell badly but I can strip them to near perfect condition at home providing they are not damaged; so I tend to get a good price :)

dreamopolis
09-01-2012, 12:14
See, this is what I don't understand and why I'm asking about it.

The army is mostly unpainted, black undercoated at best, with some models painted. Most of the units are base mounted only.

It has been advertised here for only a day, but on 2d6.no it's been on for a few days and on the local "ebay" site for over a week and I've only had one guy who was interested.

Seriously, this army is a steal at this price. It's at about 25% retail with all the other bits included in it. So why am I not getting any takers?

Here it is on the trade forum...

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329305

Lorcryst
09-01-2012, 12:39
For me, it's this :

- cheap

- unpainted

- complete

I'm not fussed about assembled, on the sprue or in bitz bags ... as long as it has all the parts in it.