PDA

View Full Version : plastic vampires?

Demoulius
09-01-2012, 12:00
Hello gents! Im looking to make a plastic vampire for a sort of in between project whilst assembling and painting my empire army.

As far as I know though there arent any plastic vampires (the ones in the zombie dragon/terrorgheist aside...) or am I mistaken in this? :confused:

If so il just have to convert one from empire bits I guess :cries:

Whitehorn
09-01-2012, 12:16
The ZombieDragon kit is the only plastic Vampire I am aware of.

Rivet
09-01-2012, 15:58
Now there are several in finecast. Personally, the Lahmia from Dark Eldar (I think she is finecast also) is an amazing model and easy to convert into a Vampire if you look at my pictures I have one in there. All I did was file her back some (due to Dark Eldar stuff) and then give her a cloak from the High Elf Noble set.

baphomael
09-01-2012, 16:02
There will also be the plastic female vamps from the new coven throne kit... but they're all in reclining poses, so may require a bit of clever converting, but might also be a useful source of bitz.

Rivet
09-01-2012, 16:05
or you can do like I did with my other Vampire and kit bash. Kit bash like your life depended on it. The Vampire with the Scythe is kit bashed from 5 different kits.

See if you can spot and or name them all!

*ahem* I apparently did not upload the picture of this Vampire. I will get it uploaded, my apologies.

hashrat
09-01-2012, 16:51
I'm wondering how many spare heads you get with the Coven, Dragon kit?
Considering using Chaos Knights to represent Blood Knights, Could use something to help mix them up though.

Rivet
09-01-2012, 16:54
Considering using Chaos Knights to represent Blood Knights, Could use something to help mix them up though.

The Zombie Dragon kit has a Blood Dragon Vampire who has two head options One with Helmet and one without.

nurgle5
09-01-2012, 16:56

For my blood knights I got a bunch of the zombie dragon riders off ebay. It wasn't the cheapest solution, but it still worked out at half the price of the actual blood knight minis and they look pretty damn good.

For making a plastic vampire lord on foot, you could get a zombie dragon rider's torso and pop it onto human/elven legs.

Hrokka `Eadsplitter
09-01-2012, 17:16
Empirebits based vampires aren't bad^^
Give them a long coat, a slender sword, elegant paintjob and a lack of tan - you're set for (un)life ^^

Rivet
09-01-2012, 17:20
Empirebits based vampires aren't bad^^
Give them a long coat, a slender sword, elegant paintjob and a lack of tan - you're set for (un)life ^^

What kits would you pull those bits from?

Adyger
09-01-2012, 17:24
The plastic necromancers from the corpse cart and the single, on foot model would also work very well. Especially combining the on foot plastic with parts from the empire wizards kit (to make him more "noble"), but one of the three 'face' options from the corpse cart would be great too.

Hrokka `Eadsplitter
09-01-2012, 17:35
What kits would you pull those bits from?

The coat could be taken from either Empire Huntsmen or Militia, otherwise a green stuffed cloak on a torso ain't a bad option^^
Swords aren't really scarce in Warhammer^^
The heads might be more of a challenge, but taking the "handsome" youth head from the Greatsword kit is probably a safe bet^^
* http://www.bitzbox.co.uk/product_info.php/empire-greatswords-head-p-6030
Cheers :)

Demoulius
09-01-2012, 18:12
Hmm so scratchbuilding it is then! Cheers lads :)

Rivet
11-01-2012, 21:29
http://www.warseer.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=10572&title=vampire-1&cat=766

Here is my heavily converted Vampire, sorry about the delay in getting it uploaded.

Glenn87
11-01-2012, 21:45
http://www.warseer.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=10572&title=vampire-1&cat=766

Here is my heavily converted Vampire, sorry about the delay in getting it uploaded.

trying to spot all of the bits:

Scythe:the plastic Empire Wizards kit (normally intent for the Death Wizard)
Head: I'm Guessing Lelith Hesperax from the Dark Eldar (heavly converted)
Legs: the Plastic Wood Elf Glade Guard box?

Can't see the rest of the model clearly, have no idea where the shield or torso comes from.

Demoulius
11-01-2012, 22:04
Head seems to be from the plastic Wych set?

Would a monocle make a Vampire extra evil? :p

Rivet
11-01-2012, 22:34
Legs and torso - wood elf archer
Arms - high elf noble kit
Scythe - empire wizard kit
Head - dark eldar wyche set
Shield - grave guard