PDA

View Full Version : Gotta love the beef!!: 2k Beastmen

Seabo
09-01-2012, 15:21
It has been a long time since I've pulled out my Beastmen. There's now a tourney coming up and I'm thinking of pulling them out of the closet instead of my Ogres that actually took 2nd last time I brought them out.
I am thinking of an extremely unorthodox list. Basically one hit wonder go boom type. Here goes!

Doombull-Sword of Swift Slaying, Ramhorn Helm, Talisman of Preservation, Gnarled Hide, HA, Sh-353

Bray-Shaman-Lvl2 w/Shard of the Herdstone (Shadow)-160

Bray-Shaman-Lvl2 w/Dispel Scroll (Beast)-135

CORE
3xTuskgor Chariot-240
10 Ungor Raiders w/Musi-63
2x5 Ungor Raiders-60

SPECIAL
16 Minotaurs-FC-930
Razorgor-55

MINO HORDE FTW!!!!!!:D
Either going to carve through everything or die horribly. Was tempted to actually take the Brass Bull but decided against it as this guy is a whee bit more durable. Basic setup is throw down all the chaff and use the 2 smaller Raider units to shepherd the frenzied Minos towards the worst thing my opponent has to offer and watch them mow through all.
Larger group acts as a bunker for the Shamans....

What do you think? Am I totally off my rocker or could this work? I do realize one good Pit Of Shades or similar spell going off would just destroy me but it's a risk I'm willing to take.
Any little tweaks?

Preacher
09-01-2012, 18:36
Thats something different....

But your short on core by 130ish points, so you'll have to drop some of the minos I guess to make up the points.

A BSB Bull wouldn't be bad either.

Have you thought about taking a more "traditional" mino-bus list?

meowser
09-01-2012, 19:34
Shield might be useless on DB due to how the interact with frenzy.

I'd agree a mino-bus would be more effective. I think MI hordes only work well for trolls, due to their vomit rule, they effectively don't lose any attacks by making only supporting attacks.

A barebones BSB might be in order as well, as even with DB your unit is only Ld8. If you go minobus, try and stick a crown of command on the gorebull (maybe his as bsb?).

popisdead
09-01-2012, 23:16
If you wanted to run a Minobus I recommend you check out the herdstone (http://z2.invisionfree.com/herdstone/index.php?act=idx) for some lists.

You have a lot of unarmoured minotaurs. If it works let us know.