PDA

View Full Version : Finecast Guard Commisar lord errors.

BPK
09-01-2012, 18:29
Hey there folks, been a while since I last posted but hey ho.

Bought an imperial guard commisar lord fincast sculpt from my local GW and it has the consistency of rubber - the entire model is "bendy" and pliable - is this normal behaviour for finecast resin or is the model defective in some way?

If so is there anything I can do to set the resin more?

BPK

bildo
09-01-2012, 18:33
its ment to be bendy compared to resin or plastic, its part of the properties of finecast.

colonel kane trine
09-01-2012, 18:33
All of the finecast I have got has abit of bend and give to it.
Is it ok every other way? No bubbles miscast or thin bits?

BPK
09-01-2012, 18:36
All of the finecast I have got has abit of bend and give to it.
Is it ok every other way? No bubbles miscast or thin bits?

detail wise looks ok, albeit with plenty of flash. its just not as I expected.

Lord Inquisitor
09-01-2012, 18:40
OP: how bendy is "bendy"? Finecast has a bit of give but actually rubbery is not right.

baphomael
09-01-2012, 18:44
Yea, its a very different material compared to the regular plastics GW use, or the resins that FW uses.

It is bendy, it is pliable. Its not bad, its easier to cut and manipulate than metal... but its terrible for thin components like swords, staves etc etc. Watch those as they can break quite easily - but the same is true for FW.

Interestingly, when finecast was announced I was expecting something more along the lines of privateer press's plastics.

Konovalev
09-01-2012, 18:50
I've never heard of any model, be it plastic, metal, finecast, or any form of resin, be pliable like rubber. Maybe someone screwed up and poured the incorrect substance into the mould for that models batch?

Sell it on ebay! Rubbery Commisar is sure to have a buyer. Commisar Gumbi may bend, but his iron will doesn't!

Korraz
09-01-2012, 20:10
Return, get a new one.
Remember folks, you don't have to accept faulty models.

teheuax
09-01-2012, 21:41
My archon and howling banshees that I recieved today are not at all rubbery. Bendy sure, but not rubbery. Sounds like its faulty.

Ravenous
09-01-2012, 21:49
Return, get a new one.
Remember folks, you don't have to accept faulty models.

Exactly, as goes my saying with movies and many other things "if you accept stupid crap, all you'll get is stupid crap". GW will never learn if you let them kick you when your down, if they want to offer something that is utterly Garbage return it until you get one you want.

Recently I went through 3 boxes of Wracks to get 5 good ones, the Grotesques I ordered all have bubbled masks so GW are sending me 2 more, and I will continue this process until I get a decent product. :D

So remember, dont encourage GW sell you inferior products, because they will.

Sinnertje
09-01-2012, 21:59
In my local GW, the storepeople actually advise us to open and check the model before leaving, so that you don't end up at home and have to return the following day. :)

colonel kane trine
09-01-2012, 22:19
Yep return it if you arent happy! Im lucky to have had every finecast purchase be great.
If I did get a **** one I wouldnt hesitate to return it.
I wouldnt accept it if I wasnt perfectly happy

Rated_lexxx
10-01-2012, 00:07
Exactly, as goes my saying with movies and many other things "if you accept stupid crap, all you'll get is stupid crap". GW will never learn if you let them kick you when your down, if they want to offer something that is utterly Garbage return it until you get one you want.

Recently I went through 3 boxes of Wracks to get 5 good ones, the Grotesques I ordered all have bubbled masks so GW are sending me 2 more, and I will continue this process until I get a decent product. :D

So remember, dont encourage GW sell you inferior products, because they will.

or you could also GW doesn't know if there is a problem till they are told

If no one returned the finecast modals they would assume there coming out great and everyone is happy

Returning them shows GW there is a problem that needs to be fixed

Kevlar
10-01-2012, 00:14
Just paint him green and name him Lord Commisar Gumby. Then go around saying "I'm Gumby Dammit!"

vstag
10-01-2012, 13:41
You could just call GW tell them its broken and they should send you a new one. I have not had to call about finecast, but if its the same as when they had metal they should send you a new one free of charge and you get to keep the one you have now. I got a zombie dragon with out a head, I called GW and they sent me another full model in about a week.

Ravenous
10-01-2012, 15:10
or you could also GW doesn't know if there is a problem till they are told

If no one returned the finecast modals they would assume there coming out great and everyone is happy

Returning them shows GW there is a problem that needs to be fixed

Yeah but returning it means you have no intentions of buying a new one, and its much more difficult to get replacements from online stores and LGSs. If you do end up buying another one right after all you're doing is tanking the staffers average sale numbers. When there is a defect it falls under "known loss" and GW do keep a close eye on that list.

However saying that, if you've ever seen or heard stories from GW staff meeting, its basically a big "we can do no wrong" fest. Literally the answer I got from one of the higher ups on finecast was "buy liquid greenstuff or you're lazy".