PDA

View Full Version : doubles army...ok and dwarfs

leeoaks
09-01-2012, 23:35
We are planning a trip to the doubles in may.....

I'm taking:

Bruiser
Butcher lv2
6 ironguts
3 mournfang
Stonehorn

My partner is taking:

Bugman
29 longbeard rangers
25 scouts (cant remember name)
Gyrochopter or strength 5 stone thrower

We want a fun list that's plays In a interesting way.

what are your thoughts on the dwarf artillery?

Will we simply get smashed?

We will take the dwarf pub as the scenery piece.

Lee

mcwolf4
10-01-2012, 21:19
i would drop the bruiser and add some more ironguts

leeoaks
10-01-2012, 22:44
I thought that might be the case. I added him in for a magic wep. We are a little light on them and I am sure the new infrastructure ethereal units will be a pain in the ass.

woodster17
10-01-2012, 23:42
Eh? Dwarf scouts? Rangers are the scouts of the Dwarf army, he really should be taking some Warriors, and a big block of them at that. The Grudge Thrower is a good choice, it can be really nasty if he tools it up with the right combination of runes.

tmarichards
11-01-2012, 03:15
One of you should really have a BSB, especially if you're taking Ogres.

teafloy_the_damned
11-01-2012, 06:53
Definatly dont take the Gyrocopter
Every Dwarf player always want to take one, but when you get down to it, for the points cost...there pants. Espically since there one of the only template weapon thats hits models on 4+

Personally i'd take a tooled up cannon, always target the unit character since he will eventually fail a look out sir.

Ditch the ironguts and butcher, put in a firebelly and as many regular ogres as you can.
The Firebellys breath weapon is invaluable in combat and against what you'd throw 6 ironguts at, 2-3 will get mashed before they can even strike. Huge units of regular ogres with ironfists are brutal, you need the 6+ parry!

Thats jusy my 2 cents though

leeoaks
11-01-2012, 18:30
Ok. Firebelly over butcher......I was tempted but don't you think buffing dwarfs would be awsome? T5 dwarfs or regenerate. Those longbeards become sick.