PDA

View Full Version : Question on Terrorgheist model.

SteelTitan
10-01-2012, 15:00
Hey guys,

I was given a Terrorgheist kit for my birthday yesterday. How cool is that :D
Perfect timing with the VC book coming out on saterday.

Anyway, I had a couple of questions regarding the kit:

NOTE: Im mostly talking about the terrorgheist model as I'm not planning on using the kit for the zombie dragon.

1. Would it be possible to magnetize the wings/part of the model, so that it's easier to store/transport? Or would that be a really hard job?

2. Are both the blood dragon and the strigoi usuable on foot pose-wise?

Thank you, much appreciated :D

Darkangeldentist
10-01-2012, 15:11
Well I mucked up my assembly a little (got the hips on upsidedown) but I wouldn't try to magnetise the wings, as useful as it would be you'd need to make the main body separate from the base as well since the wings are it's forearms and make up the frontal support for the model.

The Blood dragon could quite easily convert to a horse rider but not so easily for a foot model. The legs are astride a saddle so a lower body swap would be necessary.

The Strigoi though is quite easy to convert into a foot model so long as you take a little time to build up a nice scenic base and are careful about how you pose him. He really only just balanced on the terrorgheist so can make for a great leaping foot model. He just needs the right base so you can rank him up and so he won't just dive into enemy models when you charge.

KUMA
10-01-2012, 16:31
If you do a good job pinning, it should work alright for you to have them separate for transport

Whitehorn
10-01-2012, 16:33
The Strigoi is easily converted to foot. The Bloodknight has cavalry legs, so he'd need a leg swap. Best used for a Bloodknight really.

Bodysnatcher
11-01-2012, 05:35
Someone in my gaming club has magnetised their TG wings, but I've not yet seen it in person.

Coldblood666
11-01-2012, 06:46
If you snip the two armour points between the Blood Dragons legs than he fits perfectly on a plastic Chaos Steed and looks really good. I actually did it too so I know it works :D

I also modelled the Ghoul King on a 20mm base and it worked well too. I snipped a part of the claws off of his left foot so it fit flush on the base. It's a small glue point though so you will need to stick a small piece of putty on his foot before gluing it on. But once its dry its a solid bond. You may need to add a small scenic rock or two to the back of his base to balance the model so it doesn't tip forward. I did this and I don't have any problems with it.

SteelTitan
11-01-2012, 07:50
Ah, very helpful! Thanks for that guys!