PDA

View Full Version : Two rather 'stupid' questions

SteelTitan
12-01-2012, 07:26
Hey guys,

Just thought of two questions rather spontaneously for which I havent been able to find an answer in the book.

1. [I swear to god, I read this section multiple times] If you roll off to deploy first / go first, can the winner decide or does the winner go first?

2. Character with a ward save item on monster mount / monstrous mount. Does the mount get the ward save too (I'm pretty sure it's no but I want to make sure I don't cheat).

Like I said, pretty stupid questions but there you go :)

Thanks!

LiddellHart
12-01-2012, 07:51
1. This is in the FAQs (probably because this was different in previous editions): the winner goes first unless it is specifically stated that he gets to choose.

2. There is difference between monster mounts and monstrous mounts/cavalry. Don't throw them on one heap.
Ridden Monsters can (must) be attacked seperately, and to hit, to wound and to save is resolved seperately. No riders ward save for the monster unless specifically allowed (is there any?)
Monstrous mounts follow cavalry rules and cannot be attacked seperately, so there's no issue here.

ArtificerArmour
12-01-2012, 07:54
1 - depends on the scenario, generally no choice in the matter.

2 - just the rider im afraid

SteelTitan
12-01-2012, 08:51
Thanks guys!

With regards to question 1. That is what I thought but it feels weird you don't get to choose when you're the winner.

Artinam
12-01-2012, 18:35
the Bretonnian special rule: 'Blessing of the Lady' is an exception where the 'Wardsave' of the Rider is transferred to the mount. But its a 6th edition book so yeah..

Damocles8
14-01-2012, 13:57
Eltharion the Grim has a ward save for him and his mount (griffin).