PDA

View Full Version : models with a smaller base and unit coherency

ArtificerArmour
12-01-2012, 08:06
little question. Models with larger bases are covered quite well. however, what about a model on 20mm base in a 25mm unit?

the rule says fit neatly - neats a funny term to use. I can see both sides, but would personally say they go on the side. Experience/opinions?

Mr. Shine
12-01-2012, 09:20
Seems clear to me that they would have to go on the side... Trying to fit a 20mm base in a unit of 25mm bases to rank up in base to base, side to side, would shorten the front rank's frontage if you were to

Bloodedsoul
12-01-2012, 12:09
What if you have multiple 20MM bases going into 25MM? Only instance I can think of is skink characters joining a saurus unit. Putting 3 in there would make for a funny looking unit. Not even sure they can do that, but more of a curiosity question .

Artiee
12-01-2012, 20:31
This is covered in the No more room pg 98. 2 20mm can join 25mm unit on the sides. There would no room for a 3rd 20mm.

T10
13-01-2012, 06:17
I don't see why you would be limited to just two characters: The rules require you to place the characters on the outside of the unit in the front rank, but remember: character models added to the unit become part of the unit. There's no reason that I can see that a second character can't be placed beside the first.

It seems to me that the side on which the characters are placed, and the order in which they are placed is up to the owning player.

I know the example below looks a bit silly, but hey: No-one's putting a gun to your head!

-T10

Mr. Shine
13-01-2012, 06:33
I don't see why you would be limited to just two characters: The rules require you to place the characters on the outside of the unit in the front rank, but remember: character models added to the unit become part of the unit. There's no reason that I can see that a second character can't be placed beside the first.

It seems to me that the side on which the characters are placed, and the order in which they are placed is up to the owning player.

I know the example below looks a bit silly, but hey: No-one's putting a gun to your head!

Unless you have more than two ranks, as your units would then not be able to line up against the odd-sized characters' bases beyond the second rank.

Artiee
13-01-2012, 12:07
Those others are not next to the front rank of the unit. The mis-footprint character is not counted as part of the rank.

T10
13-01-2012, 15:00
Unless you have more than two ranks, as your units would then not be able to line up against the odd-sized characters' bases beyond the second rank.

Three or more ranks of what? Krokigors? Characters? How would ranks be an issue?

T10
13-01-2012, 17:22
The mis-footprint character is not counted as part of the rank.

Oh, really? And why would that be? If an effect affects all models in the front rank, then surely this would also apply to the off-base characters. If a unit consists of characters only, then surely it stil has its front rank.