PDA

View Full Version : soulgrinder count as defiler

streetsamurai
13-01-2012, 10:10
I like the soulgrinder model a lot more than the defiler one. I'm thinking of getting one for my csm.
what's your opinion on this count as ???

ctsteel
13-01-2012, 11:11
I daresay quite a number of people already do this, and most (if not all) rational people wouldn't bat an eyelid when you mentioned it at the start of a game.

MajorWesJanson
13-01-2012, 14:22
Well, they use the same chassis, are roughly the same height, and appear to be equipped roughly the same, depending on how you arm them.

Of course, you can't use them as counts as of each other. It's verboten. You must melt your model down and buy the proper one.

Bookwrak
13-01-2012, 14:28
No rational person would object to it - it's not like a soul grinder in a CSM army could be mistaken for anything else, and it's even fairly WYSIWYG in terms of weapon options.

AlphariusOmegon20
13-01-2012, 14:51
Well, they use the same chassis, are roughly the same height, and appear to be equipped roughly the same, depending on how you arm them.

Of course, you can't use them as counts as of each other. It's verboten. You must melt your model down and buy the proper one.

LOL.

Yeah it's ok to do, GW themselves did it for the last Gamesday in Baltimore. Our bunker built and painted the models and we used Soulgrinders. ( I actually have about 1500 points of the Iron Warrior half of that Mega battle army, including one of the Soulgrinders, and I believe the Bunker still has the rest of the Army as well as the Orks Army they used as the IW's enemy.)

Finn
13-01-2012, 18:47
Hrm. I may end up doing this for Slaughterfiends, converting them out of the Defiler kit is annoyingly difficult, especially if you hate the whip arm. And I do. Claws all the way.

Clang
13-01-2012, 20:13
So long as you convert the weapons to match the Defiler weaponry, not a problem.

Jo-Jo
13-01-2012, 21:40
As long as you make it clear before you play, I don't see a problem and anyone who does in a friendly game is just been a little bit stiff.

khaosmarines
14-01-2012, 00:50
I cant see an issue with it, not like its going to be mistaken for something else, i mean their almost the same model.

Draconis
14-01-2012, 04:17
So long as you convert the weapons to match the Defiler weaponry, not a problem.

The weaponry is already a match. Reaper autocannon? Same as the soulgrinders right arm. Heavy flamer? Again, same weapon. Battle cannon? Maw cannon. Same weaponry and stats.

Zentdiam
14-01-2012, 06:59
It really should be no problem. The soulgrinder is even taller than the defiler and gives a bigger profile. So if anything it is a hindrance. If anyone complains it would seriously be silly.

Gondrak
14-01-2012, 10:43
do it! looks awesome and cant be mistaken for something else.

laudarkul
14-01-2012, 10:49
Should not be a problem. I would not mind facing a SG counts a defiler or defiler counts as a SG.