PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Vampire Counts

Steedy
22-04-2006, 11:26
well im not to keen on the skele models they dont look very nice in my opinion so i was wondering what could i do to convert up some skeles, alot of people use empire and skele parts but i was wondering can anyone give me any tips on what to do instead

thanks steedy

ROCKY
22-04-2006, 20:08
hmmm, how about chaos skeletons? chaos warrior bodies, and skeleton heads/arms/feet. also you could take empre spearmen and paint them all black and put skelleton heads and hands.

Seraphon
22-04-2006, 20:37
ive seen a few decent examples of empire men converted to skeles they are ideal for things like slyvannian levy in the sylvannia vc army list

m1s1n
22-04-2006, 20:49
Yeah, I don't actually see the problem here. The advantage here is that 90% of the units in Warhammer can, and do, die. Find the models you do like, and convert them into the "dead" version.

ROCKY
22-04-2006, 20:53
True, but how cool would hevily armored skellies be?

Keller
22-04-2006, 21:07
There was an undead Orc army in one of the WD's I have laying around here. It was pretty cool looking. The only problem I see with such conversions are getting the larger models onto the 20mm bases and having them rank up. Orcs and Chaos can have trouble forming up even on the 25mm bases.

Gorbad Ironclaw
23-04-2006, 04:57
I think if you look, there are examples of undead armies from pretty much any race. I got an undead Dark Elf army, there is a couple of HE ones, I remember seeing some undead WEs too, the ever popular Empire and Brets, there was the Undead Orks, and I'm sure there are others.

So it's really just a case of picking the models you like and get to work.

devolutionary
23-04-2006, 05:10
You can always go the "ghost" route. Sure the rules don't fully support it, but a ghostly army in their old armour can be pretty good. Simply take an army of your choice, paint their armour and weapons with a heavily decayed look, and make all flesh ghostly in appearance (white, turqoize washes). Justification for them being skeletons and not ghosts, well, say their armour is walking, and only the shades of their occupiers is now present. Destroy the armour, and all you have is an ineffective and insubstantial spirit with nothing to hang around for.

Flypaper
23-04-2006, 11:16
There's always Tomb King skeletons with their much nicer decorations... :angel:

EvC
23-04-2006, 16:51
They're good for a Lahmian army, but you get 4 less per box, so some might not want to buy them... I'd love to do a Khemrian-themed Lahmian army, with Carrion in place of fell bats, a Bone Giant Giant... oh and exalted champion swain (Not)!