PDA

View Full Version : Last Run With The Old VC (2k VC vs Skaven)

Malorian
13-01-2012, 14:57
Well with the new vampier counts book coming out this saturday I wanted to try out the new book one more time.

I took:

Vampire lord w/ master of black arts, dark acolyte, helm of commandment, warriorr bane

Wight king bsb w/ regen banner, great weapon

40 ghouls w/ ghast
40 ghouls w/ ghast

40 grave guard w/ great weapons, banner, champ, banner of barrows

4 wraiths

He took:

Grey seer with talisman of preservation
bsb with Halberd, luck stone
Same old engineer
50.slaves
50 slaves
40 storm vermin, banner, flaming banner
40 monks,. Reroll banner
50 clan rats, Shields
20 slaves
80 giant rats, 9 handlers and skweel

We also tried out a scenario from a tournament coming up to test it out.

Enjoy :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivhDaPSnM48

Awilla the Hun
13-01-2012, 16:14
A hard fought engagement. I'm surprised that the Skaven didn't try a rear charge on your Grave Guard.

TsukeFox
13-01-2012, 16:39
"rolled like crap" .....time to get a dice tower or new dice

Jack of Blades
13-01-2012, 17:23
That Skaven army almost looks set up to feed more corpses to a VC army :p

Harwammer
13-01-2012, 18:32
Just about to tuck into the bat rep. Sorry to be rude, Mal but your VC army does look a little boring. Hopefully my judgements are wrong and it will still be an interesting game to watch.

Edit: I agree with your brother. Sweary sweary stupid deathstar builds. I really hope the Regen banner goes in the new book... does anyone know if it does?

Malorian
13-01-2012, 19:14
I had heard that it was still in.

Malorian
13-01-2012, 19:27
It might seem boring, but that's how competitive VC is played.

Much like lizardmen except we don't have a bunch of little cheap (useful) units to throw in.

NitrosOkay
13-01-2012, 19:27
I believe the only banners in the new book are Screaming Banner, Banner of the Barrows and Flag of Blood Keep.

Feefait
13-01-2012, 21:01
Sure. that's how 'competitive' VC is played... but that doesn't mean it's not boring. I'd say it's about the same as your LM, or any other list you make. couple big blocks, then done. Try something new.

Whats the deal with the 'fag' monks? Is there an acronym I'm missing, or just feeling like being publicly ignorant?

Lester
13-01-2012, 21:11
I had heard that it was still in.
Negative, and as a VC player, I'm happy about it.

Harwammer
13-01-2012, 21:40
It might seem boring, but that's how competitive VC is played.

Much like lizardmen except we don't have a bunch of little cheap (useful) units to throw in.

Yea, I guess its the reason I've hardly used my VC in 8th. I don't like taking huge regen units nor do I like skipping out on small throw aways.

@Lester: hopefully they've got the overall rules for VC right. I've always felt the regen banner was a bit of a patch and as such didn't like it.

Domandi
13-01-2012, 22:08
*edit* fixed

Malorian
13-01-2012, 22:12
Either way it is pretty offensive.

I think I'm well known for running offensive lists... ;)

(If people look up to me less because of something someone else says then so be it.)

Domandi
13-01-2012, 22:24
*edit* fixed

Shimmergloom
13-01-2012, 22:51
In other countries that is not an offensive term, but to us in the US it is. So when we read it, we don't like it. I'm assuming that term means something different in Canada like it is something different in the UK.

It's difficult on the internet to always know what is offensive in what country, but the term you were using for plague monks is offensive in the US.

Sarael
13-01-2012, 23:21
It bothers me that people don't get the joke. Any time someone says "fag", "nigha", "gay", whatever, everyone's supposed to hate on them for a word. But you skinny pansies can call me fat and it's OK...

What I'm getting at is that sticks and stones can break bones but you're all adults and words shouldn't hurt you. If you're that easily offended by a word, then you're uncomfortable that it applies to you. The word will still exist whether people use it or not, and it's not the word that offends you, but your insecurity at how well it applies to you that does...

Feefait
13-01-2012, 23:23
In the context of Mal's use, as a homophobic slur it is offensive in any country. Just because it can mean other things does not excuse it's use here. It's silly and ignorant, and any reasonable adult should be not accept it's use. Any more than if he had used a racial slur. Might as well of just been saying he was fighting this 'gay' skaven army.

whatever. there's no changing anyone's mind, I realize. and there is no sense in arguing. What I find funny is that his ego has become so aggrandized by beating up on scrubs that he can use the term here and not think he'll be called out. And that he believes his way is the only way and the only competitive way. Any one of our group would be able to beat him. I can't imagine any of us would be willing to play him though.

Lester
13-01-2012, 23:24
It bothers me that people don't get the joke. Any time someone says "fag", "nigha", "gay", whatever, everyone's supposed to hate on them for a word. But you skinny pansies can call me fat and it's OK...

What I'm getting at is that sticks and stones can break bones but you're all adults and words shouldn't hurt you. If you're that easily offended by a word, then don't let it apply to you and you won't be offended. The word will still exist whether people use it or not, and it's not the word that offends you, but how well it applies to you that does...
It isn't about insults, I think most just find the word's use in such fashion immature and/or juvenile.

Harwammer
13-01-2012, 23:30
Guys let's not derail. Start a new thread or take it to messages if you want to talk about insults.

Sarael
13-01-2012, 23:33
Oh, BTW Mal, when are you going to run 2 troll hordes again? :P

Sarael
13-01-2012, 23:40
You do, however, have a responsability to act like an adult and not propogate ignorance in your popular posts. That is not an opinion.

Turn on Fox News. Every single one of them act like retarded gasbags and propogate ignorance over a TV channel. It's their opinion.

Malorian
14-01-2012, 00:12
Just realized the 'monk' issue was over the list and not what my brother said.

The list was copied over from an email and I didn't notice it. The list has been edited now.

Feefait
14-01-2012, 00:47
Thank you.

Shimmergloom
14-01-2012, 02:04
Yeah, glad that was cleared up.

MOMUS
14-01-2012, 13:37
Its a shame vampires dont have any utility units, im not sure if the new book addresses this 'problem', ive only seen the big new models.
A regular opponent used bansee heroes that could dive in and out of units for awhile to stop me stalking his flanks and it worked OK.

Thank you.

I think thats meant to read 'sorry'.

Domandi
14-01-2012, 15:16
Momus, why would he apologize? There was an issue, and it was resolved. Malorian did the right thing and Feefait was expressing his gratitude.

What you posted is just unnecessary trolling for something that is now considered over.

Let's please just let it go and focus on the fact that Malorian has another well crafted battle report up.

Malorian
14-01-2012, 15:51
Its a shame vampires dont have any utility units, im not sure if the new book addresses this 'problem', ive only seen the big new models.
A regular opponent used bansee heroes that could dive in and out of units for awhile to stop me stalking his flanks and it worked OK.

I hear the new book lets you take single units of spirit hosts. This, along with min wraith units, could be a real pain for most armies.

We'll have to see. I pick up the book in a few hours and later today will report my finding ;)

MOMUS
14-01-2012, 16:03
Single spirit host could be good, min wraith are a bit pricey. You going to do a vid review of thenew book?

Malorian
14-01-2012, 23:33
Single spirit host could be good, min wraith are a bit pricey. You going to do a vid review of thenew book?

Just saving it now.

Takes a while since it's 45 minutes.

TsukeFox
15-01-2012, 02:47
I am offended that Skaven lost-can you change that too-??

MOMUS
15-01-2012, 07:04
Seems like a major gripe has been addressed, vamps are harder to kill and even if they do die another vamp can take over to stop crumble party? They can regain wounds by fighting or lore attribute and can take mundane armour or a coven throne with 4+w.

Wowee bat swarms make you ASL?

Ill save my other thoughts when you post up your review.

Malorian
15-01-2012, 14:24
Ill save my other thoughts when you post up your review.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBMLvbJ_Fgw

vcassano
15-01-2012, 16:32
Goodness me, it is great to be rid of that old Vampire book. Thanks for the report, and all your other videos on the channel. I rarely comment but I always watch, so I just thought I'd let you know that I greatly appreciate what you do.

MOMUS
15-01-2012, 19:22
Nice vid break down :yes:

The new book makes me (dare i say it) want to borrow my friends undead to give them a whirl.
I think a big thing thats changed is that army composition is not going to be as dictated, apart from 25% on skellies :p
Getting back to what i said about utility units, I think this new book has opened up some new possibilities i like the idea of the min hosts, those wraiths with the 'spirit grip' and i would always include a bat swarm just to ruin somebodies day.
I dont think you will see alot of the big fighty/caster vamp at the front, i would rather take the bunker necro lord with some extra lvl 1 casters for multiple bubble effects.
I really like the sound of how the vampire lore now works.

Couple of points;
How much cheaper is the black coach? A few ghouls worth?
Do you think the coven throne is worth the points?

Malorian
15-01-2012, 19:56
Couple of points;
How much cheaper is the black coach? A few ghouls worth?
Do you think the coven throne is worth the points?

5 points cheaper. I still don't like them. I would rather take 4 wraiths any day.

Coven throne is nice, awesome if combined with some LD tricks, but since you can only take it as a mount for your lord you are forced to risk him to cannons.

Harwammer
15-01-2012, 19:57
I haven't watched it yet but 45 mins is HUUUUUUUUUGE! I hope you've got a co-host or you'll tire your voice out, hehe.

Codiac88
16-01-2012, 07:26
Another good report. Nice to see you sent 7th ed VC's on a winning note.

w3rm
16-01-2012, 14:37
Skeletons are still garbage, ghouls are still the way to go. :D

Wish I could watch the report :( Assuming you won.

Lester
16-01-2012, 17:23
5 points cheaper. I still don't like them. I would rather take 4 wraiths any day.

Coven throne is nice, awesome if combined with some LD tricks, but since you can only take it as a mount for your lord you are forced to risk him to cannons.
Hero Vampires can take the Throne too...

Malorian
16-01-2012, 19:08
Wish I could watch the report :( Assuming you won.

I lose? :confused:

:p