PDA

View Full Version : FIMIR WARRIORS are on pre-order

Ragweek
13-01-2012, 17:40
FIMIR WARRIORS are on pre-order on the forge world site and i have to say i want some in my orc and goblin army. The look a great price to at 28. hell its the same price as river trolls! Mind you they are a bit on the pricy side in the game at 75points each. whats your thoughts on their rulz? I would like to have seen regen for that price?

angelofrage
13-01-2012, 18:16
FIMIR WARRIORS are on pre-order on the forge world site and i have to say i want some in my orc and goblin army. The look a great price to at 28. hell its the same price as river trolls! Mind you they are a bit on the pricy side in the game at 75points each. whats your thoughts on their rulz? I would like to have seen regen for that price?

The rules don't state who can use them, but I think I'd like a unit of 6 to go with my chaos dwarfs. They can go looking for slaves together!

Looks like they can at least be changed in terms of the pose, which is useful when wanting more than just 3.

Eddie Chaos
13-01-2012, 18:22
everyone can use them, the book they will be in is forge worlds answer to Storm of magic

Scalebug
13-01-2012, 19:00
Expecting the entries in the upcoming Forge book to have both "can be taken as a [slot] choice in [one or more] armies" for ordinary games and scrolls of binding that anyone can take in Storm of Magic games...

But, yeah, they seem a bit over priced for what they bring to the party... while they, and the wolf rats there are both "experimental" rules, it seems they have fallen to the old erring on the side of caution with points values we used to see with the forgeworld tanks back in the day.

Wolfrats are +10 points per model for armour-piercing and magic attacks, when poison are +2 and an extra pip of Toughness is +3? Does that price seem right? Is there something about "warpstone weapons" I have missed?

Kurisu313
13-01-2012, 19:10
They have scaly skin (5+) and heavy armour, which combines to a 4+ save?

Huh?

BigbyWolf
13-01-2012, 19:22

Huh?

I noticed it too, given that it says "Scaly Skin 5+" under the Special Rules section, and "Heavy Armour" a couple of times, I'd vote for a 3+ save once the book gets produced. And that's pretty tasty for MI, but fair considering the points cost.

thrawn
13-01-2012, 19:28

Huh?

you know it is possible to have a 6+ scaly skin save . . . :rolleyes:

scaly skin does not mean it needs to be 5+.

Arcodus
13-01-2012, 19:29

Huh?

Yes, that's a bit strange! I hope it's just a... "keyboard fail" and that their actual save is 3+.

Still I like them fimir and their models, I would like to add them to one of my armies!

Rosstifer
13-01-2012, 19:34

Except it actually says they have a 5+ scaly skin. So presumably someone made some sort of mistake. I'd assume that at 75pts the intention was for a total 3+ save. We'll see.

Kurisu313
13-01-2012, 19:38

Right. But it says scaly skin (5+). No need to assume that I'm stupid.

colonel kane trine
13-01-2012, 19:39
Il wait until the monstrous arcana books out before I get any of these but they do look good and arent badly priced.

Never thought id see the day that normal gw models were near enough equally priced to forgeworld models!

Mr. Ultra
13-01-2012, 19:41
They look gorgeous!! (well... In a weird sense I guess) I already made the preorder, I canb't wait to February!

Jericho
13-01-2012, 19:43
Cold-blooded Ironguts with +1T, better armor, S5 tail attack, an innate bound spell? Sounds pretty badass. The Ambusher thing is a bit dodgy though, I'm not a fan of that rule.

Overall a very interesting unit, I can see them getting streamlined slightly in the Arcana book (and fixing the armor save issue would be nice...) but overall I think it shows these guys are capable of making cool units that are usable without fuss from opponents.

Jericho
13-01-2012, 19:53
Wait a sec... the Wolf Rats, do they gain +1 impact hit per rank in their own unit, or per rank in the opponent's unit? The description is a little vague but it describes the unit getting more powerful as it chews its way through the enemy ranks.

Very interesting unit, that one. I think the +10 for Warpstone upgrades and +3 for +1T/-1I is silly tho... they should both be +5. Overall another interesting unit, as they can offer a decent amount of damage at high speed, but without Strength in Numbers to keep them around if things go sour on them. Very, very interesting.

Morkash
13-01-2012, 20:38
Now well, what really scares me is that these Fimirs are cheaper than GW's Yhetees. On the first thought I was really scared, on the second thought very happy! It is very likely that I buy the Fimirs and use them as Yhetees! Or as Nurgle Ogres...so many uses!

Craze_b0i
13-01-2012, 21:39
The fluff on the Fimir page is interesting abeit brief: says they used to go round smashing up High Elf cities then fell out of favour with the Dark Gods and so their race went into decline. Just wondered if there is any more current Fimir-fluff floating around?

popisdead
13-01-2012, 21:53
Man they look amazing too. Just 3 with a hero will do well.

TsukeFox
13-01-2012, 21:58
Pretty coool- better than a lot of MI out there

angelofrage
13-01-2012, 22:16
I've been looking at them while painting and really do like them. Would like to see them painted, interested how people will match the "yellow-grey flesh" of the description.

Looking over the GW website, river trolls and minotaurs are 30p cheaper for 3 and the brand new VC monsterous infantry are 1 more. 28 looks good value against all that.

I'm too green to comment on the rules, but how are people judging them so far?

Also to note, there are a couple of sneak peaks on the Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/ForgeWorldUK) page, neither of which I can place.

Lord Inquisitor
13-01-2012, 22:28
Well, they're not cheap at 75 points that's for sure. Compared with ogre ironguts they get:
- T5 and scaly skin
- Same Ld but only with the champion
- Option for extra hand weapon at no cost
- Ambushers
- Cold Blooded (!)
- Swamp Strider - pretty nice as swamps are deadly to Monstrous Infantry. Although am I right in thinking that Swamp Strider won't give them protection against being killed by Fimir in the swamps? :angel:
- A tail attack at S5 (neat)
- A bound spell.

Overall, pretty neat. Not sure I'd want to pay almost double points for all this, but cold blooded with ambushers is a nice combo.

SunTzu
13-01-2012, 22:34
I'd like to get some when I have some spare cash. I'm most likely to use them as "counts as" Chaos Ogres since I never play Storm of Magic. But I'd like to use them as Fimir... so I hope they don't end up Storm of Magic only, ie. the Monstrous Arcana book allows them to be used in some other armies.

- Swamp Strider - pretty nice as swamps are deadly to Monstrous Infantry. Although am I right in thinking that Swamp Strider won't give them protection against being killed by Fimir in the swamps? :angel:

:D

castlesmadeofsand
13-01-2012, 22:50
rules give them options for two hand weapons but no sign of that build option from the pictures. shame as that would add some variety (visually) for larger units.

R-Love
14-01-2012, 02:50

"Alright, when they enter, get ready to grab them...What the..Hey Fred!"
"Is that Bill? Get him! Bastard owes me money"
"Hey Bill! Squeal like a pig!"

Seems plausible. Though that last part may have crossed a line :D

Col. Tartleton
14-01-2012, 13:46
Don't worry about it R-Love. When we're discussing Fimir subtle rape jokes are appropriate. It's part of their background. Fimir without rape is like Chaos without pointy bits. It would be Heresy. Same with Beastmen really.