PDA

View Full Version : WoC Ensorcelled Weapons

Efrovius
13-01-2012, 19:32
WoC Army book, pg. 46, Ensorcelled Weapons says, "... each weapon bearing a small measure of power. Regardless of their form or the hexes inscribed upon them, ... count as magical weapons and grant +1 Strength to the wielder."
If Chaos Knights carry magical weapons that grant +1 Strength "regardless of their form," and since a Halberd also confers +1 Strength, why does everyone refer to Knights as only having S5 attacks?
The models come with Halberds. The picture on pg. 46 (and throughout the book) depict them with Halberds. I have read the entire Tactica and Rules forums and I may have fallen asleep and missed it, but it seems to me that my WoC Bretheren are handicapping a great unit.
Please let me know what I am missing on this one. Thank you.

Tonberry
13-01-2012, 19:50
They either get Ensorcelled weapons or Lances, no Halberds.

Archon Deloth Vyrr
13-01-2012, 19:52
WoC Army book, pg. 46, Ensorcelled Weapons says, "... each weapon bearing a small measure of power. Regardless of their form or the hexes inscribed upon them, ... count as magical weapons and grant +1 Strength to the wielder."
If Chaos Knights carry magical weapons that grant +1 Strength "regardless of their form," and since a Halberd also confers +1 Strength, why does everyone refer to Knights as only having S5 attacks?
The models come with Halberds. The picture on pg. 46 (and throughout the book) depict them with Halberds. I have read the entire Tactica and Rules forums and I may have fallen asleep and missed it, but it seems to me that my WoC Bretheren are handicapping a great unit.
Please let me know what I am missing on this one. Thank you.

Because no where in their rules are they armed with a Halberd. They have Close Combat Weapons which are ensorcelled. What the model looks like has no bearing on the rules

hamsterwheel
13-01-2012, 20:14
The weapons that come with the chaos knight package that look like halberds are the chaos lances.

Efrovius
13-01-2012, 20:14
I guess that is as simple as it gets, ...the rules don't allow for it. That "regardless of their form" is more than a bit misleading, imho. And I do want them to be really nasty. GW really needs to hire someone to edit what they write.

Thank you Tonberry and Archon Deloth Vyrr.

BigbyWolf
13-01-2012, 20:15
They don't just come with "halberds" either. Looking at one of my kits, there are a selection of weapons, from spears/ lances to a horseman's pick.

Efrovius
13-01-2012, 20:15
Thank you, too hamsterwheel. I didn't realize those were lances.

Mr. Shine
13-01-2012, 20:38
I guess that is as simple as it gets, ...the rules don't allow for it. That "regardless of their form" is more than a bit misleading, imho.

That's there so you can arm the models with whatever you like and call it an Ensorcelled Weapon. You're just reading into it too much, and then coming up with an idea that had no basis in rules - as has been pointed out, the rules don't say they can be armed with halberds, so they may not have halberds.

Griefbringer
13-01-2012, 22:02
That's there so you can arm the models with whatever you like and call it an Ensorcelled Weapon.

Yep, you can model them as you wish: swords, maces, axes, hammers, whips, cricket bats, rolling pins, cucumbers, carrots, very sharp slices of mango etc.

I would say that the "regardless of the form" ruling is very clear, ie. the form has no effect on the properties of the weapons. Effectively frees them from the WYSIWYG requirement.

BigbyWolf
15-01-2012, 01:20
cucumbers, carrots, very sharp slices of mango

Suddenly the reasons behind Archaons failure become clear. :shifty:

Efrovius
15-01-2012, 03:23
Thanks all for the clarification... and slap-down. I did enjoy Griefbringer's examples the most though. Nothin' worse than a sharp slice of mango!

Mr. Shine
15-01-2012, 04:32
Thanks all for the clarification... and slap-down. I did enjoy Griefbringer's examples the most though. Nothin' worse than a sharp slice of mango!

Sorry if it came across as a slap-down! I was actually envisioning and planning to post the idea of pumpkins :p

Tarian
15-01-2012, 05:25
I still want to model a Chaos Knight with an Ensorcelled Spork.

GrandmasterWang
16-01-2012, 03:32
Hmm, now i'm tempted to arm a regiment with slices of Mango...

Mr. Shine
16-01-2012, 03:44
Mango-onna-spork!