PDA

View Full Version : Skaven Wolfrats, where do they fit?

alexh
14-01-2012, 11:05
As the title suggests, I'm wondering if anyone knows where Wolfrats fit in terms of army composition. I would imagine they are a special choice but I would like some clarification.

Lord Zarkov
14-01-2012, 13:51
Since they're in Monstrous Arcana they might be SoM Scrolls of Binding only. In the WD Clan Moulder list a few years back they were Special though IIRC.

Scalebug
15-01-2012, 00:24
These experimental rules are a bit sloppy, to be fair...
This question, where they fit in, is a valid one, and things like their impact hits, do you mean their own unit, or the one they are attacking? (It seems, from the "fluff" description, to mean the enemy, but it could be more clearly stated), Are we really supposed to pay 10 points/model for magical attacks and armour piercing? Are they really supposed to have 2 wounds each? (Compare with any similar model, chaos hounds, Direworlves, even cavalry-esque models like centigors... it is a bit like beastmen in 3rd-5th editions, where they without any explaination had one more wound than other models of comparable size).

The rules are "experimental", but still...

alexh
15-01-2012, 01:21
I kind of agree with you Scalebug, in terms of having 2 wounds compared to similar models but this seems to be reflected in their base cost (being almost 3 times the cost of a chaos hound). I'm very tempted to try them out in a game (with opponent's consent of course) to see how they do.

TsukeFox
15-01-2012, 05:44
Going to convert them? Or pay the big bucks- ?

alexh
15-01-2012, 07:43
I'm converting them from plastic chaos hounds and rat ogre heads.

TrojanWolf
15-01-2012, 07:50
Since they're in Monstrous Arcana they might be SoM Scrolls of Binding only. In the WD Clan Moulder list a few years back they were Special though IIRC.

Nope, they were core, but not nearly as brutal as the experimental FW rules. I hope they can be included in a regular list, although I'm sure I can pester enough people to let me use them in friendly games if they're SoM only.

If they do get a slot though, I'd be imagining special with that kind of statline.