PDA

View Full Version : GW orders email down

ArtificerArmour
14-01-2012, 11:53
Hi, I emailed gw the other day about missing a chariot base. They replied, saying they'd send me one and just to reply to their email with my address.

So I treid, and got the following back:

"Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

orders@games-workshop.co.uk

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 Rule imposed mailbox access for orders@games-workshop.co.uk refused (state 14)."

And its been that way for 3 days. I've tried about 5 times. Anyone else able to shed some light?

TheBigBadWolf
14-01-2012, 12:42
Why dont you just phone them.

ArtificerArmour
14-01-2012, 13:01
Because I've been at work every day and would rather sort it out over email :p

Isn't it shut on saturdays anyway?

Sgt John Keel
14-01-2012, 13:18
Isn't it shut on saturdays anyway?

Nope.

Extra words.

Crube
14-01-2012, 13:20
Even if it is. maybe ring a local GW (if there is one) and get them to chase it for you?

popisdead
17-01-2012, 20:00
There was an e-mail? dang,.. all those phone calls I made,..

MarcoSkoll
17-01-2012, 20:24
Dang,.. all those phone calls I made,..
...were about ten times more effective. My own experiences with trying to e-mail GW have been slow, mislaid or worse.
Phone calls, even the less good ones, sorted the problem quickly.

You can get reasonable results from e-mailing a specific staff member's address, but their general e-mail addresses are pretty rubbish.

ArtificerArmour
24-01-2012, 13:40
I used a different email account and it was all sorted, I recieved the chariot base within two days of emailing. Wasn't so bad :p

Autumn Leaves
30-01-2012, 17:45
Bless, a happy ending.
For all the ranting and negativity about GW's pricing structures and finecast etc, GW have always been very good at following up customer needs when they have an issue.
I have always had a good experience when there has been an issue with the content of a purchased product, their after sales customer service is very good.