PDA

View Full Version : One off's Poll

daemonish
15-01-2012, 00:00
With the recent release of Dreadfleet getting "mixed reviews" is it time for GW to revive some of the classics permanently or maybe even as limited releases or should they keep trying to innovate new game ideas for limited releases?

Caiphas Cain
15-01-2012, 00:14
Heroquest.

Tuttivillus
15-01-2012, 00:20
Heroquest.

I second. And wish You luck wit Your minis, Caiphas Cain ;) .

winterdyne
15-01-2012, 00:33
No chance of Heroquest or Space Crusade as those were a joint product with MB games. Warhammer Quest or Advanced Heroquest / Advanced Space Crusade, yes though.

Caiphas Cain
15-01-2012, 00:36
Well warhammer quest then. ;)

lurker1
15-01-2012, 01:21
blood bowl :)

It's amazing though. As much as I dislike gw right now I have to say that blood bowl is one of the best most balanced an fun games iv'e played. Although I'm not sure if that's thanks to gw or the folks at fumbll who kept blood bowl alive and got shut down by gw for their trouble.

Dai-Mongar
15-01-2012, 01:56
Dark Future.
Never played the game, but I read the books and it could be fun if they do scenarios based on Route 666.
I'm okay with limited releases if the other option is that the game fades into SG obscurity and gets half-assed support.

AlexHolker
15-01-2012, 04:03
I hate the whole idea of these one-offs. In the case of Space Hulk, it's because it should have gone into production properly. In the case of Dreadfleet, it's because cutting a Baneblade-sized sprue of rocks that are also skulls that will only be sold for a few months while the Sisters of Battle still don't have a plastic troops choice is like walking up to a homeless person and lighting your cigar with a hundred dollar bill.

BaloOrk
15-01-2012, 05:44
Ne Ne Ne Ne Neeeeeecromundaaaaaaaaa!

Vos
15-01-2012, 10:55
Warmaster re vamp!

lbecks
15-01-2012, 11:06
Hero Quest. Or something with 54mm figures but plastic and fantasy.

Lewis
15-01-2012, 12:34
Dark Future.
Never played the game, but I read the books and it could be fun if they do scenarios based on Route 666.
I'm okay with limited releases if the other option is that the game fades into SG obscurity and gets half-assed support.

The game would have to be completely rewritten. I was terrible in terms of mechanics.

I'd go for Blood Bowl. Excellent rule set that would really benefit from the 24 individual miniatures approach of other limited releases.

Promethius
15-01-2012, 13:41
I think that necromunda would be good. Some awesome scenary, two gangs and all the other bits. Could be fantastic. It would also not necessarily require the other gangs, just pick two iconic ones and go for it.

Obviously I want to see the return of bfg also, but that is more of a long-term support thing, rather than a one-off

Mister Magister
15-01-2012, 16:52
Warhammer Quest, with the old expansion packs included in the Adventure Book.

Oh, and Chainsaw Warrior. I never got to play it, but I've always wanted to.

Spider-pope
15-01-2012, 17:09
I'm with AlexHolker, if they are going to go to the effort of releasing a new edition of something, keep it around for longer. Worst case scenario make it direct only after a limited store run.

The current scheme either results in an item selling out way too quickly and only being available now at ludicrous prices on Ebay (Space Hulk) or a heap of them gathering dust in stores (Dreadfleet).
I would wager that if Dreadfleet had been a non limited release with potential future additions from, say, Forgeworld ala Epic it would have sold far better than it has. As it stands its just an overly expensive board game that under current GW policy you won't even be able to play in their branches once it goes off sale.
The only upside is all the wouldbe fleecers on Ebay who bought several copies with the intent of selling them on after the stores run out, only to find themselves stuck with them for far longer than anticipated.

Saying that i would still love to see Gorkamorka return. Fully plastic Ork fort in the box? Yes please, i'll take two.

The bearded one
15-01-2012, 17:27
I like a mixture of revamped old classics and new games. You know, this year an old one, a new game the next etc. Those new games might become classics themselves. Classics have to be released for the first time at some point, don't they? They don't just appear out of thin air, they had a first release once.

shelfunit.
15-01-2012, 17:38
Personally I'd like to see another run of Heroquest, possibly made in partnership with FFGs and advertised properly on TV/other mediums - but in today's world of quick fix MMOs etc I sadly doubt it would work as well as it did last time.

Necanthrope
15-01-2012, 17:41
I voted for HeroQuest, but what I really want is the HQ successor, Warhammer Quest!
It's a bit of a no brainer for them really. A game that lets you use almost everything in your fantasy collection and encourages you to buy (lots) more fantasy monsters to fill your dungeon with.

Angelwing
16-01-2012, 00:55
Warhammer quest.
Tyranid attack would be good too. I'd love some lovely bioship board sections, or even plastic sections!

golembane
16-01-2012, 02:31
A Warhammer Quest revamp to take into account the new range of miniatures and fixing some of the long standing rule issues would be excellent.

MajorWesJanson
16-01-2012, 03:55
Epic: Titan Legions

nedius
16-01-2012, 07:35
I'd like them to do it, but for games they already 'support' - a limited edition boxed set for Epic, Necromunda, Bloodbowl etc. That way, even once the inital run is over, there's still more stuff to buy/play with.

Failing that, Warhammer Quest.

canberraguy
16-01-2012, 10:08
Dreadfleet was a huge mistake, a really poor idea. No-one I know is remotely interested and clearly it sold poorly. They are flogging it to death 4 months later.

Having said that, one off games or short release games can be successful. I would imagine a large percentage of players, myself included of started not on 40k or fantasy, but games like heroquest, talisman (my first game) necomunda etc. So from a business point of view games like necro not only make a lot of money in the short term, but long term generate a lot of cash by introducing people to the hobby.

My vote, a new blood bowl, no rules changes needed, make a cool human and Orc plastic team and watch it sell by the bucketload

simonr1978
16-01-2012, 10:11
I think that necromunda would be good. Some awesome scenary, two gangs and all the other bits. Could be fantastic. It would also not necessarily require the other gangs, just pick two iconic ones and go for it.

Oh please no. I'd much rather Necromunda stayed as it is currently instead of seeing it re-released and gutted like this, especially as I would imagine that if this happened GW would further purge the existing range of figures.

cyphertheory
16-01-2012, 10:58
Thats easy. Warhammer Quest with awesome plastics that we know they can do, then pull in the WHFB character plastics for expansions. Tomb of the wight king ftw

thinkerman
16-01-2012, 13:10
Heroquest

- Wouldnt mind seeing a second run on spacehulk. Maybe with grey plastics to avoid it being a direct re-issue and getting around the GW limited edition release.

- Titan Legions would be nice to, specially for all the epic players and those who remeber the older games

VenomBlood
16-01-2012, 19:25
Epic starter set, lots of stuf inside please (Marines vs new Tyranids)
Mordheim set with all you need in one box (8 warbands, new set of mercenaries, dramatic personae) + seperate set of ruined buildings

daemonish
17-01-2012, 18:20
Warhammer quest.
Tyranid attack would be good too. I'd love some lovely bioship board sections, or even plastic sections!

Now thats an awesome idea. I would definitely buy that.

I'm glad to see that most people agree with me Heroquest needs a revamp I'm well aware it was partially an MB games enterprise but i'm sure they could come to some sort of agreement.

Dai-Mongar
18-01-2012, 06:24
You know, they could just make the WHQ books and board sections available for download and people would be stoked with that. Surely there's a copy floating around the office somewhere.

Confessor_Atol
18-01-2012, 16:21
You know, I'd like any of the options. I would buy any of them. I really enjoyed the new ip fluff and art (as well as gameplay) of dreadfleet, and can't wait to see what else they come up with.

Frankly, I like the release schedule of them too. Once a year seems about right for a 100$ splash buy.

I'd love to see mordheim reworked.

I don't say this often, but A++ GW!:)

ColShaw
18-01-2012, 16:51
I'd like to get a crack at Warhammer Quest; it was just going out of print when I was new to the games.

I still have a double set of HeroQuest! :)

Angelwing
18-01-2012, 19:04
You know, they could just make the WHQ books and board sections available for download and people would be stoked with that. Surely there's a copy floating around the office somewhere.

Jervis wrote in WD that the discs containing Quest got lost during the move to Lenton. They would have to scan a physical copy into the computer.