PDA

View Full Version : Chaos cultists- easy conversions..?

RobbiP
22-04-2006, 16:42
Anyone know an easy way to convert Chaos cultists? Like, I don't want to buy like 5 boxes all for different pieces or order several bits and pieces just to make them. Does anyone know a fast and easy way to convert them?

blood angel
22-04-2006, 17:00
Box of Zombie and a box of either Beastmen or Catachans will do the trick for you.

Alternatively you could use Empire Militian and either zombie/beastmen.

Anvils Hammer
22-04-2006, 17:05
chaos maraders would almost certainly be suitable, assuming you like the barbaric look.

you would need to give them slightly more futuristic wepons, so ask around for spare IG lasguns/pistols/chain swords, some marine weapons would be good as well. and the necromunda weapons sprue would be perfect.

RampagingRavener
22-04-2006, 17:06
The best thing to do is to pick the sort of look you want for them, then find the most appropriate set you can, and raid your bits box to make them look substantially chaosy. Fantasy Chaos Marauders with spare laspistols stuck on somewhere if you want the feral look, Cadians with spare spikes stuck on for the more disciplined look. You get the idea.

bertcom1
22-04-2006, 17:11
Necromunda has the House Cawdor and the Redemptionists.

These dudes have religious outfits on, but dont look Imperial.

A chaosy colour scheme and they will look good as Cultists.

Danny Internets
22-04-2006, 17:13
I went with Cadians + mutation sprues + random Chaos bits for my Alpha Legion cultists. It was incredibly easy and they look pretty good.

RobbiP
22-04-2006, 17:14
Hmm.. sounds good. Originally I was going to do the marauders idea (hurrah for barbarians) but realized I didn't have enough las-pistols =( so a maurader running around with a flail and an empty hand wouldn't work too well with those "WYSIWYG" types of people, right?

Or, alternativly, I was going to make my cultists follow the assasin rule, so I would need some sleak-and-assasin-ish models. Guardsmen and marauders are NOT sleak =P any ideas regarding this?

Thanks so far

Lord-Warlock
22-04-2006, 17:31
Catachans. If you don't think they're assassin-ish, go watch Apocalypse Now. ;)

Alternatively, the slim-and-spiky Dark Eldar parts might work, with some humanising...

- LoW

RobbiP
22-04-2006, 17:34
ooo.. I've narrowed it down to either Catachans (with the right colour scheme I think they'd look cool) or dark elves (they may have no guns, but they look sick)

bobert the great clen one
22-04-2006, 18:06
scouts!!! use the old metal ones with spike on there shoulder pads and give there face a really pale but menacing looking shade hope that helps

cerealkiller195
22-04-2006, 18:29
the chaos space marine sprues have a holstered pistols, maybe you can add that to their backs?

Skelmgurn
22-04-2006, 20:48
Skaven plague monks look quite good if you cut the faces down so its just a a dark hood.

HiredSword.
22-04-2006, 20:53
why not wood elf glade guard if you want the hooded cultist look, just file down the face so its just the hood

BuckFlashback
22-04-2006, 21:02
the chaos space marine sprues have a holstered pistols, maybe you can add that to their backs?

Yeah, if you like models with two hand weapons or you run out of regular laspistols this would be a good option. I'm also going to be modeling up some cultists, 20 of 'em, and I'm sure I'll wind up giving a couple of them holstered pistols.

I plan to do mine with Cadian, Empire militia, and Marauder bits. They're going to vary in appearance quite a bit with the recurring theme being cadian torsos painted in the same colors as my marines' armor. The idea being the Legion has supplied them with the flak vests they're to wear in battle.

Knightmare
22-04-2006, 21:38
It depends on what kind of Cultists we're talking about.

Word Bearer-esque religious fanatics?

I'd go with the House Cawdor from Necromunda idea.

Alpha Legion cult?

Something with more of a renegade military feel.Perhaps House Orlock models and a few Catachan thrown in for good measure.