PDA

View Full Version : reaver as a warhound

damz451
22-04-2006, 16:50
would anyone have a problem if i only put weapons on the arms of the reaver titan and used it as a warhound?

Lostanddamned
22-04-2006, 16:58
I would personally...

I would want you to fully arm the thing and let me take the extra points to fight a reaver titan.

damz451
22-04-2006, 17:07
well sum ppl dnt like fighting vdr units

Puffin Magician
22-04-2006, 17:26
I wouldn't have a problem with it, as long as they were "official" weapons for the Warhound - Inferno Gun, Turbolaser, Plasma Blastgun, & Vulcan Megabolter. IIRC the Armorcast Reaver model isn't that much taller than the FW Warhound if it doesn't have a Carapace Weapon, so the size isn't much of an issue.

As an aside, people who let you field a barely-legal FW Warhound would probably not care about battling a Reaver Titan either.

Lostanddamned
22-04-2006, 17:27
Fair point I suppose, but if you have set it up so that it can be used as either, and make that clear to someone before the battle then I dont see a problem

orangesm
22-04-2006, 18:24
Is your question in reference to 28mm 40k? or 6mm E:A? In 40k alot of the Forgeworld models and the like are really good for sceniros and the like (something most 40k players do not play). In E:A I would not take to much issue to it, but would expect it to mount all the weapons etc. Now I would say that it is just as expensive to buy the FW Reaver as it is the 2 FW Warhounds. I would just buy two warhounds.
In 40k - uh... where did you get a Reaver!

damz451
22-04-2006, 19:12
its 40k scale not epic scale, also where i got it... its a secret :P

pic of a reaver titan (not mine)
http://www.frenchwaaagh.org/concours/2001/02/titan.jpg

warhound
http://www.ironhands.com/warhound.jpg

Mr Evil
22-04-2006, 22:21
No problem whatsoever. Just inform the person before hand that you'll be using a superheavy before the battle, pretty much everyone will be fine with it as long as they can prepare. Using a Reaver as a Warhound is fine, if anyone forgets that its not actually a Reaver, they've got problems of their own to worry about. Its not like a foot+ tall model can be hid easily.

Col. Dash
22-04-2006, 22:38
You know, when you are considering models that big, why does it matter if its a warhound, reaver or Emp? they can be seen from anywhere on the battlefield regardless.

Puffin Magician
22-04-2006, 23:24
Why does it matter if its a warhound, reaver or Emp?Perhaps because it's similar to comparing a Space Marine Scout to a Terminator or Dreadnought?

The eligibility of proxies isn't based on whether you can see them from the other side of the table or not.

damz451
22-04-2006, 23:26
yeh difference between a warhound and imperator is like a grot against a dreadnought......