PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get old White Dwarf back issues?

The Emperor
22-04-2006, 17:04
Aside from eBay, that is. Any suggestions? Thanks.

immortal99
22-04-2006, 17:51
Aside from eBay, that is. Any suggestions? Thanks.

When I entered this thread I had the intentions of replying with ebay...

Your only option would other option would be auctions, charity shops, car boot sales/ jumble sales/ garage sales and indipendent shops - there used to be one till it shut down near me which had loads. Black knight Games it twas called.

god octo
22-04-2006, 18:12
couldnt you buy them from GW, or dont they do that anymore?

Sniper Kelly
22-04-2006, 20:32
Second hand bookshops can be pretty good too, especially for really old issues. Are there any in particular that you're looking for?

chris_valera
22-04-2006, 20:43
Second hand bookshops can be pretty good too, especially for really old issues. Are there any in particular that you're looking for?

The official GW site sells the last few back issues, if what you're looking for is fairly recent, and smaller, independant stores usually have back issues going back six months to a year.

Beyond that bartertown, or any of the sales websites would be where it's at.

Not that I would ever condone PMing someone to scan WD articles, but if what you're looking for is truly ancient, you just want an article or two, and don't care if you don't own the physical tangible copy, I'd point out I have a pretty helly collection that goes back quite a ways...

--Chris

starlight
22-04-2006, 20:48
The best bet (assuming its too far back for GW to still stock it) is Independant Retailers - then second hand.

Good Luck.

dancingmonkey
22-04-2006, 21:31
if you are near london, orcs nest have got a big box full of the classics, bout 100-180... but they aint cheap!

Sgt Whiskey Swiper
22-04-2006, 22:01
Go to somewhere like Salute - a show with 2nd Hand Bring and Buy.

You'll find what you want there - but then again you can be unlucky.

~Swipe.

The Emperor
22-04-2006, 22:59
if you are near london, orcs nest have got a big box full of the classics, bout 100-180... but they aint cheap!

I'm in the US, so no such luck.

Not that I would ever condone PMing someone to scan WD articles, but if what you're looking for is truly ancient, you just want an article or two, and don't care if you don't own the physical tangible copy, I'd point out I have a pretty helly collection that goes back quite a ways...

All I'm interested in are some of the old battle reports, really. Just wanted to reread them, again.

The Judge
23-04-2006, 17:24
Wargaming conventions like Salute are the best bet - I got a load of mine at STaB.

Sai-Lauren
24-04-2006, 11:01
Conventions, independant traders (have a search on google and see what you come up with), second hand from people selling up and getting out. You might get lucky with a local comic shop as well, especially if they have a gaming section.

That's basically what I'm doing - picked up another three at Salute on saturday - only about 55 to go for the full set - although that does include the first 30, which are probably going to be phenomenally expensive.:cries:

And I did pick up a couple from Orc's Nest last time I was up in London, I'll have to remember to take the list with me next time I go :)

But eBay's probably going to be the best bet I would think.

krieg
25-04-2006, 04:09
if anyones interested i have nearly every issue from 129-305 and a few older ones that im looking at getting rid of as i dont have the space for them anymore

Wychhunter
26-04-2006, 20:06
This isnt going to help you at all, but I got alot of mine by luck from a random game store. Best part was they were half off cover price.