PDA

View Full Version : Fighting daemons, whats to know?

valle
16-01-2012, 09:26
I am playing VC with the new rules, playing daemons for 2500p
I have fought them once before and found out they had a nasty magic phase, but what else do i need to know? My army will not be made especially against them, but will be standard. So i am not talking army building here, but what do i need to focus on, forget and so on?

bildo
16-01-2012, 09:42
forget ethereal (spelling) as all their attacks in every shape and form are magic, so will slap them with the weakest of attacks. flaming is also a popular thing in the force so regen will not be a save you want to put your stock into. chances are a dispel scroll will help. you are best off sending fodder to hold his meaty units up till you can deal with them, a horde of zombies will hold up a bloodthirster nicely, but you will have to raise it and move it in as he will never freely charge it in.

Horace35
16-01-2012, 09:45
Get yourself into combat quickly or send something to tie up their flamers. They hurt so much

valle
16-01-2012, 10:36
forget ethereal (spelling) as all their attacks in every shape and form are magic, so will slap them with the weakest of attacks. flaming is also a popular thing in the force so regen will not be a save you want to put your stock into. chances are a dispel scroll will help. you are best off sending fodder to hold his meaty units up till you can deal with them, a horde of zombies will hold up a bloodthirster nicely, but you will have to raise it and move it in as he will never freely charge it in.

I cant charge with vanhels anymore unfortunately :( So i doubt i will ever get zombies into battle with his bloodthirster, but yah, those flamers loke nasty, but i think the terrorgheist might do well against those if it can get the first shot away.

w3rm
16-01-2012, 15:44
Kill thier heralds as fast as possible, best to do it with a suicide unit of something fast with a high I. Bloodletters will shred any ranked or cav unit so fast it's not even funny.

You're gonna want the other tricksters shard in there somewhere too.

GotrekFan
16-01-2012, 15:46
Take the "other tricksters shard" on a fighter to force him to re roll his ward saves.

Edit: ninja'd

thesheriff
16-01-2012, 18:44
A Daemon force relys on hearlds to buff there units. hatred on horde bloodletters, 4++ on Horrors, ASF on Daemonettes and Regen on Plaguebearers makes them alot harder for 12pts a model. eliminating heralds with death magic is a good shout, or running cavalry Vampires in will also screw them around (Other tricksters shard, double ninja'd).

Greater daemons should be easy enough to tarpit with zombies, so that is a valid enogh tactic.

The Daemon army is very maneuverable. Anything with tzeentch in the name will say goodbye to regen.

Etheral is also a no-no, army wide magical attacks is a bitch.

Kill the flamers. Quickly....

Daemons are a very solid army, but especially against VC. They (arguably) have better magic, shooting, combat and moving (possibly debatable on magic, but i would still argue that daemons were better). But, they dont have the cheapest troops, so outnumbering him might be key to your winning.

thesheriff