PDA

View Full Version : What do soulless people look like?

GrandReaper
22-04-2006, 17:42
I can hear all the comments now (my english teacher, ha ha ha), but I'm actually being serious. I plan on using a soulless human in a modelling project for my necrons. Does anyone know if there is any information on their physical appearance?

Otherwise, I'm still interested in peoples thoughts for how these creatures might look (and how I could model it, if appropriate).

Thanks all,
GrandReaper

greymouser
22-04-2006, 17:44
Paris Hilton.

neXus6
22-04-2006, 17:46
I presume by that you mean blanks, or whatever they are also known as.

They just look like normal people, other people find them really unnerving to be around, simply just not feeling right about them and actually being repulsed by them. In the Commissar Cain books it's though that it's just bad hygiene that makes the guy repulsive but it's not.

So you could model them as very worn from having such a hard life being shunned by people but other than that they don't have any physical deformities or oddities.

Lord-Warlock
22-04-2006, 17:48
Paris Hilton.

Oh, how true...:D

Honestly I think the biological differences between a soulless human (I assume you mean Pariah) and a regular one would be minimal. The classic thing to go for is the eyes, paint them glassy and there's your Pariah.

- LoW

Yorkiebar
22-04-2006, 18:02
Very vague eyes and expressions, probably also pale/sagging skin. Maybe even use the zombie sprue?

neXus6
22-04-2006, 18:05
Generally though I'd think those would be a result of having to live hard lives shunned by most humans rather than a physical showing of the gift/disability.

RobbiP
22-04-2006, 18:12
Soulless = no soul, not a physical change. Physically, they'd look the same as any other human.

Da Reddaneks
22-04-2006, 18:54
give me your email address and i will email you some pictures of my former Fiancée

Jon_Irenicus
22-04-2006, 19:23
Yup. Blanks look just like other people. Same goes with Pariahs.

And Paris?

Very simply put, Soulless people are completely normal, on a physical level (well, they might be without the basic 21 grams everyone´s supposed to have) but you wouldn´t find them repulsive looking, just freaky to be near to.
If you saw them over a screen they wouldn´t bother you at all.

Messiah
22-04-2006, 19:23
Black eyes would be my description, but you notice them by the fact that they feel cold..

athamas
22-04-2006, 20:13
the usually thing is that once you have met them their immage is burned into yur mind for some reason you are unable to fathom..

bar that normal!

BuckFlashback
22-04-2006, 21:22
You know souls are just things made up by parents to scare their children, like the boogeyman or Micheal Jackson. So I guess on the tabletop the models should have yellow skin and spikey hair.

BloodRaven
22-04-2006, 21:51
I can hear all the comments now (my english teacher, ha ha ha), but I'm actually being serious. I plan on using a soulless human in a modelling project for my necrons. Does anyone know if there is any information on their physical appearance?

Otherwise, I'm still interested in peoples thoughts for how these creatures might look (and how I could model it, if appropriate).

Thanks all,
GrandReaper

Culexus Assassins.

RampagingRavener
22-04-2006, 21:55
A Culexus is one thats been captured and turned into an assasin. A Blank that hasn't been found by the Crons or the Imperials would probably look normal, but I'm thinking either dull or very intense eyes, but other than that normal. But There should be something in the eyes...

ZAChos
23-04-2006, 00:11
Read the eisenhorn books. Not only are they great books, they also have pariahs in them.

neXus6
23-04-2006, 00:21
Read the Cain books...no wait I already mentioned that. :rolleyes:
The one in that is a main character.

Kahadras
23-04-2006, 01:39
As far as I have read blanks are identical to humans. 'Normal' people apparantly feel a little disconcerted by a blank but cannot explain exactly why. Psychers really don't like them (I agree with the reference to the Commissar Cain novels for a psychers reaction to a blank)

Kahadras

Sekhmet
23-04-2006, 02:36
In the Eisenhorn books, there's like a bajillion pariahs in it, as Eisenhorn goes around finding them and putting them together to use as a weapon. OMG maybe Eisenhorn is the deceiver in disguise!!!!

The first pariah he finds is an exotic dancer. She's cool. Alizabeth (the pariah) and La'Kais (from Firewarrior) have both done the same thing that shouldn't be possible...

Read the Cain books...no wait I already mentioned that. :rolleyes:
The one in that is a main character.
Wait, his assistant is a pariah?? I've only read like 1 book and a short story I think, and it keeps saying he smells bad...

Clang
23-04-2006, 03:09
Previous posters are correct that _logically_ the soul-less probably look like 'normal' people, but that's a bit too subtle for a wargaming army. I'd definitely consider giving them pupil-less staring eyeballs in either black or white. And if we're talking necrons here, perhaps go for the bionic Borg look, i.e. these were once humans but are now mostly machine.

CommunistBrother
23-04-2006, 03:42
I'd go with the suggestions of black, glazed over eyes. That is, afterall, how people tend to connect to a "soul" by what they see in someone's eyes.

For some reason I also see blanks being very calm and standing very casually as opposed to how crazed and battle-ready everyone around them looks. But that's my own perspective with no fluff backing it up.

Jester Boy
23-04-2006, 08:53
Give 'em black eyes and no expression. Or simple plan t-shirts or other emo gear.

glimli
23-04-2006, 11:26
outwardly they would look the same, i imagine only prehaps the eyes might have a disturbing quality (as they're meant to be the window to the soul). to make them stand out i'd just make them very pale and skinny.

Bingo the Fun Monkey
23-04-2006, 14:01
make them freaky and take away their noses. I don't know why!!!

Cpt. Drill
23-04-2006, 14:06
For a souless person I would go for either white eys.... or no eyes at all...

"The eyes are the gateway to the soul"

Skippy
23-04-2006, 14:44
From the Cain and Eisenhorn novels, I'd say Pariahs, blanks, untouchables or whatever you call 'em look just the same as other humans. All I'd do is make it clear he/she has suffered some from the necron treatment.

Darkseer
23-04-2006, 14:49
Shunned by other people eh?

I always wondered why I suck at job interviews.

GrandReaper
23-04-2006, 15:38
That is really weird. I was thinking of modelling him immaciated (zombie sprue) with black eyes. I guess that would get the message across.

Thanks again

silverstu
23-04-2006, 21:07
what do souless people look like-Traffic wardens- just model the uniforms..

cav da man
23-04-2006, 21:51
i personally believe that souless people would have an uncanny ability to eat sprouts........ model them with lots of sprouts then
that and the eyes thing which must have been repeated just about a billion times "window to the soul" we get it already!

Sandlemad
23-04-2006, 22:05
Or you could simply have him/her completely normal but on a larger than normal base (say a 40mm base) to emphasise the fact that s/he is alone.

You could stick some stuff on the base to emphasise aswell, maybe a small animal running away from the blank or include a necron skull on the ground as a portent of things to come.

Or, failing that, stick a 'kick me' sign on his back. No one likes him, you see.:D

Astragoth
25-04-2006, 12:00
accountants.

ZAChos
25-04-2006, 12:27
hunched back, depressed looking with hair over one eye.

Eduard
25-04-2006, 12:31
One a side note, Would 2 blanks be repulsed by each other?
Like they couldn't bear to be with the other in the same room due to extreme disliking.

Keichi246
25-04-2006, 13:10
One a side note, Would 2 blanks be repulsed by each other?
Like they couldn't bear to be with the other in the same room due to extreme disliking.

Naw - they'd probably get along okay....

Everyone ELSE would be running screaming for the hills though...

you know, kinda like normal people away from a Games Day crowd... :D

Dave Gaidasz

Vanger
25-04-2006, 15:02
I don't know about the WH40K soulless people, but I imagine someone soulles with eyes staring nowhere, blank, and expresionless face. They are empty inside. No emotions. (This is a conforntation to the mentioned exotic dancer).

Oi! Agent Smith!

Wraithbored
25-04-2006, 16:59
give me your email address and i will email you some pictures of my former Fiancée
Let me go out on a limb and is she perchance called Tina? :D

But not so seriously come visit me at work you'll see plenty of soulless ones wandering about.

Ok joke mode off! Imagine the kid at your school that had no friends that was always in a corner alone somewhere. that's how a Pariah should look like and feel.

Flame Boy
25-04-2006, 17:44
.... I think that a pair of Pariahs would be unable to sense each other, after all, they are numb to the psychic world totally, so why would they sense another soulless person? It would just be a person that doesn't look quite so restless/uncomfortable in their presence.

Wystan Frauka is well described in the Ravenor books. He does very little but still irritates everyone immensely regardless. I'd imagine his chain-smoking would drive someone crazy even if they wouldn't normally care, for example.

I would say other than a tendency to be rather downtrodden there's nothing amazing to distinguish them, though I like the idea of the large base to subtly isolate them. If I were to draw one, it would depending on the character be either embittered, defeated looking or just vacant depending on how they reacted to the unusually tough life they have undoubtedly led. However, that doesn't really help when converting a model from models almost exclusively in dynamic screaming action poses...

Lostanddamned
25-04-2006, 18:40
I'm off to an emo concert on saturday and sunday, you want some pics of them for inspiration?

-Emo laughs at self shock!-