PDA

View Full Version : 1k VC - the Levy of Dechstein

Starvid
16-01-2012, 14:54
Hey guys, I'm putting together a VC list with more or less all the models I have at this place at this time. I must say it looks kinda weak without any real hitting power, but what do you think?

Master Necromancer lvl 4, Master of the Dead, Talisman of Endurance, Lore of Vampires 250 pts.

Vampire, Aura of Dark Majesty, Fear Incarnate, Armour of Silvered Steel, Great Weapon, Lore of Death 203 pts.

30 skeletons, full command, Screaming Banner 205 pts.

30 Zombies, musician, standard. 100 pts.

5 Dire wolves 40 pts.

3 Fell bats 48 pts.

3 Wraiths 150 pts.

Sum 996 pts.

Vampire goes in the skellies, the Master Necro keeps his head down among the zombies, one flank is covered by wolves and bats, the other by wraiths, who can help out in the main battle as well. With the few surplus models I have, I could add some more wraiths or dire wolves, and change the characters. Would be awesome to switch the wraiths and the bats/wolves for a terrorgheist though, hehe. :skull:

GreenSpeed
16-01-2012, 16:15
I think the necro is a good move but i feel like your list wont be able to kill much, beyond the wraiths and the vampire hero you wont be able to kill much.

I would keep your core to a minimum of 250 pts. And spend the rest the points on beefing up a special choice which can actually kill stuff. Graveguard are a good choice.

Starvid
16-01-2012, 23:11
I'm thinking of removing the Vampire fear bomb and the Wraiths and replacing it with 10-12 Black Knights with Banner of the Barrows, and maybe a few more Dire wolves.

bildo
20-01-2012, 14:06
arent wraiths heros now?

Overtninja
20-01-2012, 14:46
they can be fielded both as heroes and as rare choices. they no longer skirmish as a rare choice, but are cheaper than fielding them as characters with pretty much exactly the same profiles. banshee is unit champ in this case, same rules as hero version but at lower cost as well (when compared to hero cost). might still be worth doing depending on the list you're running.

Lebowski
20-01-2012, 17:23
the list of no hitting power huh?

good luck sir.

zielonkak
21-01-2012, 14:35
i agree with there being a lack of hitting power...i would drop the wraiths and add maybe some vargheists ( they look sweet), or add some knights