PDA

View Full Version : Selection of VC 2400 lists

vodrake
16-01-2012, 18:34
First list is using a mounted Lord in a unit of Black Knights to hit people in the face with. Grave Guard in fairly large numbers with some chaff to screen/divert/hunt war machines. I should probably increase the vamp lords lvl and maybe switch around his items a bit, but this was my first stab at it.

Vampire Lord, Red Fury, Quickblood, Fear Incarnate, Talisman of Protection, Dragonhelm, Sword of Strife, Ironcurse Icon, Heavy Armour, Shield, Barded Nightmare - 453

Necromancer, lvl 2 - 100
Necromancer, lvl 2 - 100
Wight King, Barded Steed, Great Weapon, BSB, Screaming Banner, Shield - 164

Dire Wolves x5 - 40
Dire Wolves x5 - 40
Dire Wolves x5 - 40
Dire Wolves x5 - 40
Zombies x49, Banner, Musician - 157
Zombies x44, Banner, Musician - 142
Zombies x44, Banner, Musician - 142

Black Knights x10, Full Command, Barding, Lances, Eternal Flame - 300
Grave Guard x40, Full Command, Banner of the Barrows, Great Weapons - 560
spirit Host x1 - 45
spirit Host x1 - 45
Fellbats x2 - 32

Second list attempts to make ghouls viable. Ghouls and GG go 7 wide and they each get a character. Again the chaff for various reasons, this one with a corpse cart to try and help me get some extra kills. Idea here is to keep everything very close together so I can spam invocation.

Vampire Lord, lvl 2, Potion of Strength, Dragonhelm, Sword of Strife, Dawn Stone, Red Fury, Quickblood, Heavy Armour, Shield - 439

Vampire, lvl 2, Red Fury, Sword of Swift Slaying, Enchanted Shield, Heavy Armour - 224
Vampire, lvl 2, Red Fury, Sword of Might, Talisman of Endurance, Heavy Armour, Shield, BSB - 271

Wolves x5 - 40
Wolves x5 - 40
Zombies x20, banner - 65
Zombies x20, banner - 65
Ghouls x27, Champion - 280
Ghouls x27, Champion - 280

Grave Guard x27, FC, Banner of the Barrows, GW - 404
Corpse Cart - 90
Spirit host - 45
Spirit host - 45
Spirit host - 45
Fell bats x2 - 32
Fell bats x2 - 32

Last list is similar to the second. Went with a level 4 here, took the book to try and make sure I can get a van halls for the re-rolls when i really need it. Zombies to bunker the necro, a vampire for each of the skellie units and a wight king to sit with the GG. Went skellies here to hopefully take advantage of the AOE magic, again keep everything close together, except the vargheists which will wait in the wings for me to engage, then come in the flanks.

Master Necromancer, lvl 4, Book of Arkhan, Talisman of Endurance, Master of the Dead - 275

Vampire, lvl 2, Red Fury, Sword of Strife, Dragonhelm, Heavy Armour, Shield - 246
Vampire, lvl 2, Red Fury, Sword of Anti Heroes, Enchanted Shield, Heavy Armour - 229
Wight King, BSB, Great Weapon, Banner of Eternal Flame - 125

zombies x45, FC - 145
Skellies x29, FC, Spears, Screaming Banner - 200
Skellies x29, FC, Spears - 175
Wolves x5 - 40
Wolves x5 - 40

Corpse Cart - 90
Grave Guard x27, FC, Banner of the Barrows, GW - 404
Vargheists x3 - 138
Vargheists x3 - 138
Spirit Host - 45
Spirit Host - 45
Fellbats x2 - 32
Fellbats x2 - 32

Thoughts? Which do you think would be best? Would you change anything? Do you think the vampires are set up ok? Think vamp lords are worth the points?

Baron_Nikos_
16-01-2012, 21:43
I'm going all necromancer no vamps at all. Cheaper character spell casters, means more dead bodies I can put on the table at the start and during the game!

Do you want the 'best' list or a themed one?

I always go themed as I find it more enjoyable and engaging, even just writing the list!

vodrake
16-01-2012, 21:50
I want a decent list thats fun to use. I can understand pure necro, I just want to be able to throw a bunch of dice with my vamp!

Algovil
17-01-2012, 14:59
The first list is interesting. Just keep the zombies away from your other troops, maybe refused flank with zombies blocking half the enemy army and your elites destroying the other half, could work!

Baron_Nikos_
17-01-2012, 23:15
I quite like the black coach but couldn't fit it in my list, if you want a wizard lord vampire I think black coach would be a nice combo. Take master of black arts to maximise spell dice, take lots of lvl 1s to maximise channels, more dice to buff the coach?