PDA

View Full Version : Magical Banner Benefits

Bloodmire
17-01-2012, 04:36
So the question came up in a recent battle regarding Ethereal units and shooting. My friend's archer unit has "The Banner of Eternal Flame" which grants the unit flaming attacks. His argument is that the arrows are magical at that point due to the banner altering the nature of the shot. I understand his point, but disagree because it doesn't state the attacks are literally "magical" - that would suggest any banner in the Warhammer world benefiting and/or De-buffing combat/shooting would have "magical attacks".

So what is your take on the situation? Does the archers have those nasty magical attacks due to that 10 point banner?

NitrosOkay
17-01-2012, 04:40
An augment spell or magic item/banner will specifically tell you if it grants magical attacks. All items from the magic weapons section grant magical attacks to the wielder of the weapon.

For example, the augments in the Lore of Fire and Metal specifically mention granting magical attacks while things like Okkam's Mindrazor do not.

Banners such as the Hellfire Banner in the previous Vampire Counts book specifically mention granting Flaming and Magical attacks. Banners that don't specifically mention magical attacks do not grant them.

Bloodmire
17-01-2012, 04:42
Sounds good to me. I just really need this cleared up.