PDA

View Full Version : Vampire Counts 2400p

Algovil
17-01-2012, 08:18
LORDS 531
Vampire Lord - Lvl4 Vampires, Heavy Armour, Nightshroud, Talisman of Preservation, the Other Tricksters Shard. Powers: Quickblood, Aura of Dark Majesty, Fear Incarnate, Supernatural Horror

HEROES 319
Necromancer - Lvl2 Vampires, Dispel Scroll
Necromancer - Lvl1 Death, the Cursed Book, Ironcurse Icon
Wight King - Shield

CORE: 730
47 Skeletons - FC, Spears, Screaming Banner
30 Ghouls
20 Zombies
5 Dire Wolves
5 Dire Wolves

SPECIAL: 440
20 Grave Guards: FC, Great Weapons, Banner of the Barrows
Corpse Cart: Unholy Lodestone

RARE: 350
Varghulf
2 Wraiths + 1 Banshee

2370p

30 point to go, maybe something for the wight King

Just a list with my current units. Probably not the strongest but fun to try this kind of Lord, overcosted sure :P He goes with Skeletons. Wight King with Grave Guard, one Necromancer with zombies, the other in one of the units or alone if viable that matchup. Lvl1 death goes for signature if no good spell comes up, tries to snipe. Otherwise rely on magic a lot, no MotBA or Periapt, so might get unlucky. Lord is tooled up to survive and able to defeat most other characters in combat. Grave Guard is probably to small but it will do for now. For 2500, 10 extra GG is just perfect in points!

EDIT: skeletons probably in bus, just to keep the lord alive really. He always dies from unstable, trying to avoid this.

Please let me know what you think!

To optimize later I was thinking about finding points to increase Grave Guards to 27, 7x4. Could drop a few skeletons and something else, have lot of points in core. One extra rank in GG would be crucial!

NitrosOkay
17-01-2012, 08:25
I really like this style of Vampire. Level 4 with anti-character killer loadout, especially Nightshroud. I think we'll be seeing a lot of this.

Personally I think you could drop supernatural horror and the rare wraiths and just pick up a hero Wraith and stick him in your Vampire's unit if you need terror. Then you'd have points to beef up the grave guard and maybe grab other fun things, like a hero Vampire or just another necromancer for invocation.

Don't like death on the level 1. His leadership is low for spirit leech and he won't have dice for bigger spells. I think you're better off with Vampires and another invocation to keep your army alive.

Algovil
17-01-2012, 08:35
Yes, I kind of like this setup, useless vs deamons, but for now this list is vs Empire.

Did not think about the low LD of the Necro, that is a valid points, thanks, will think a bit about changes regarding to this.

Caelas
17-01-2012, 08:43
Too many heroes, drop one of them and bulk up your graveguard and maybe your zombies, 20 will get cut up quickly. I like the list otherwise, plenty of blocks, redirectors, a support chariot, and a scary rare choice that can cause real damage on its lonesome.

NitrosOkay
17-01-2012, 08:47
Too many heroes, drop one of them and bulk up your graveguard and maybe your zombies, 20 will get cut up quickly. I like the list otherwise, plenty of blocks, redirectors, a support chariot, and a scary rare choice that can cause real damage on its lonesome.

I couldn't disagree more on the heroes. A lot of invocations to take advantage of unholy lodestone can give the army a ridiculous raising potential.

Algovil
17-01-2012, 14:49
Thanks for suggestions!

Thought about dropping the lvl1 Necro. Lore of death seems pretty rubbish with low Leadership, unless you are lucky with the spell selection. And he wont help with raising neither.

The Zombies are just a bunker, if the necromancer get involved in combat with real enemy units he is dead anyway, the zombies are just to give LOS and protect against ranged damage.

If I drop the lvl1 and transfer the book to the lvl2 I have just enough points for 10 Grave Guards if my calculations are correct. I probably run them 7 wide and for deep with a few extra. As long as they do no die in one round of combat.

Something like this:

LORDS 531
Vampire Lord - Lvl4 Vampires, Heavy Armour, Nightshroud, Talisman of Preservation, the Other Tricksters Shard. Powers: Quickblood, Aura of Dark Majesty, Fear Incarnate, Supernatural Horror

HEROES 229
Necromancer - Lvl2 Vampires, the Cursed Book, Ironcurse Icon
Wight King - Shield

CORE: 730
47 Skeletons - FC, Spears, Screaming Banner
30 Ghouls
20 Zombies
5 Dire Wolves
5 Dire Wolves

SPECIAL: 560
30 Grave Guards: FC, Great Weapons, Banner of the Barrows
Corpse Cart: Unholy Lodestone

RARE: 350
Varghulf
2 Wraiths + 1 Banshee

Exactly 2400

Not that different from the old lists, even though I never ran one of these. No hordes here, Grave Guards are really strong, but the two other blocks should be able to win fights as well with magic support. Think I am gonna try this list.

EDIT: Supernatural Horror might not be optimal, but which power otherwise? Not sure how Dark Acolyte works, Beguile could have good synergy, is Dreadknight worth the drawback you think?

Caelas
17-01-2012, 16:57
That looks stronger, and I had thought you were using zombies as a tarpit, my mistake. Plenty of killy troops, a good anchor of skellies, and tough magic. Looks solid!