PDA

View Full Version : Messenger of sorrows IV, beginning of the end

ROCKY
22-04-2006, 19:06
Hey all Finally I assembled Lord Kshrith's final army (not as big as I expected), anyways, as usual I would appreciate all the feed back that I can get, I hope you all enjoy.;)

Messenger of Sorrows IV

Lords/ heroes:

Kahrith, the messenger of sorrows: Exalted champion, GW, shield, barded steed, gaze of the gods= 152points

Vislam: Sorcerer, lvl2, 2x dispel scroll, lore of fire= 170points

Almathes: sorcerer, lvl2, lore of shadows, 2x dispel scroll= 170points

Bruul: bray shaman, lvl4, MoS, chaos armor, staff of darkoth, spell familiar, skull of Katam = 315points

Kayla: exalted champ: MoN, berserker sword, enchanted shield= 190points

Core units:

2x chariots of Tzeentch= 280points
24x warriors of Nurgle: F.C, MoN, halberds= 464points
6x chosen knights of Slaanesh: standard bearer, champion, MoS= 330points
5x chaos knights: F.C= 215points
5x marauder horsemen= musician, flails= 81points
5x marauder horsemen= musician, flails= 81points
25xmarauders: shields, light armor, F.C= 200points

Rare units:
3x dragon ogres: light armor, GW= 237points
1x hell cannon= 270points

Special units:
5x mounted daemonettes= 150points
5x screamers= 165points
10x furies= 150points
5x mounted daemonettes= 150points
1x Beast herd: 10x gors, 5x ungors, foe render, musician=115points
1x Beast herd: 10x gors, 5x ungors, foe render, musician= 115points

Total points= 4000points
#models= 136 models
Total dispel dice= 7+ 4scrolls
Total power dice= 13power dice+ staff of darkoth
Possible changes:
Remove 1 Mounted daemonette unit and add 2spawns (1 x firewyrm of Tzeentch, and 1x fiend of Slaanesh) or *laughs* 25 dogs! Charge! Muwahahaha! My ally will have 4000points of elves (DE).

The_powers_of_chaos
22-04-2006, 21:01
get rid of the furies for a few more screamers and seriously think of getting golden eye of tzeentch.

ROCKY
22-04-2006, 21:03
get rid of the furies for a few more screamers and seriously think of getting golden eye of tzeentch.
How? I do not have a character with the mark of Tzeentch. plus I LOVE my furies.

ROCKY
22-04-2006, 21:51
Anything else?

Neknoh
22-04-2006, 23:31
Well, first of all, congrats on building a very nice and viable list.

Secondly, unfortunately, it is not legal due to the equipment on your Great Bray, it is carrying two Arcane Items, the Skull of Katam and the Spell Familliar, I'd deffinately drop the Familliar.

Also, Kayla has a rather odd combination of items, on one hand, he(she?) is armed with the Berserker Sword whilst also being marked by Nurgle and having the Enchanted Shield, I think you'd scare the crap out of your enemy were you to give her the Blade of Blood instead, with strength 5, you can only fail on a 6, meaning you'll easely get up to 6 wounds and not loosing any of your combat prowess in doing so.

She would still be able to boost up your Marauders greatly (where I presume you'll put her)

Now, for the Core, you should know that the only knights that really can pull off the No Musician stunt are the Undivided ones, this is due to them as good as always rallying, +1 leadership or not, however, Slaaneshian Chosen only have 1 shot a turn at succeeding and therefore need all the help they can get.

Also worth noting is that you might fluff some of your attacks, resulting in a horrible loss of 1 if you don't have a musician and the battle is tied. (which puts your Ld down to 7 for the break, sure, a good chance to stay put, but not a guarantie)

I also miss the Warbanner in your Nurgle unit, things will just be lovely when you allova sudden mention "Oh, btw, I have the warbanner, so you loose combat actually... oh look, I outnumber your expensive-as-hell unit"

Or, it could be nice on the Knights (alternatively, the Raptorous Standard on the Knights).

The Rare choices are excelent, and do not under any circumstition forget that the Hellcannon is Unbreakable, easely the strongest Tarpit I've ever seen.

What I miss in the Special Choices would deffinately be a base or two of Nurglings, those pesky little thingies are basically Stubborn swarms that are damn hard to kill, they'd make for a great protection of any flank or simply annoying buggers to throw in with your marauders (when you start hitting Marauders on a 5+, you know something is going very bad, very fast).

And that's all I have to say for now, if you'll excuse me, I have an appointment with my bed.

ROCKY
23-04-2006, 15:59
indeed, so I have dropped the BSWORD and put in a blade of blood, I took the marauders down to 24, and I dropped a unit of mounted daemonettes and got a warbanner for the warriors and musicians for my knights, where do I put the rest of the points? oh wait thats right nurglings... 3enough?

Neknoh
23-04-2006, 16:56
3 bases should be enough, they will make for the nr 1 annoyance for your opponent after the first game

ROCKY
24-04-2006, 16:08
Great, thanks.

The_powers_of_chaos
24-04-2006, 20:02
Oh rite you dont

GET 1:evilgrin:

ROCKY
24-04-2006, 21:35
Oh rite you dont

GET 1:evilgrin:
I am not a big Tzeentch fan. I would rather have two characters (a fighter and magic user) than have all in one. plus I DO not like the lore of Tzeentch.

The_powers_of_chaos
25-04-2006, 19:11
Boo hiss boo:o

ROCKY
26-04-2006, 01:27
...:eyebrows: Nekoh...do you mind if I kill this...this...:wtf:

Neknoh
26-04-2006, 05:02
Nono, not at all, go ahead

der_lex
26-04-2006, 11:33
I am not a big Tzeentch fan. I would rather have two characters (a fighter and magic user) than have all in one. plus I DO not like the lore of Tzeentch.

You know you've just made me cry by posting that, don't you? :cries:

*pads off to give Tzeentch the love it deserves*

Nice list, by the way :)

ROCKY
26-04-2006, 22:59
You know you've just made me cry by posting that, don't you? :cries:

*pads off to give Tzeentch the love it deserves*

Nice list, by the way :)
No no no! Do not feel bad! I DO like you and my other Tzeentch allies! its just that the style of playing is not for me! *pats der-lex* come I shall make an offering to Tzeentch!:D

der_lex
26-04-2006, 23:32
No offerings are needed, but don't be surpised if you've grown a third nipple on your shoulder overnight. The great mutator is funny that way :D

ROCKY
27-04-2006, 15:33
sure...or maybe another...:evil grin:

der_lex
27-04-2006, 15:43
Well, somebody just got up it seems :D

And knowing Tzeentch, it would probably just be in the most useless spot available, like directly under your armpit...

Ahem, back on track, before this thread is wastes-bound...

ROCKY
27-04-2006, 15:46
Sorry, just got out of an early class (started at 8:am).

der_lex
27-04-2006, 15:54
Wow, you actually attend classes at 8 am?

I applaud you. never managed to do that in my college days...

ROCKY
27-04-2006, 18:30
I am taking 20credit hours this semester, so I need to rise early (I usually only get 3_5hours of sleep). but anyways, do you see some things that YOU would change in this list, (I might take some Tzeentch units for power dice).

der_lex
27-04-2006, 18:56
My policy with Tzeentch-marked units is: either mark 'em all Tzeentch, or none at all. If you don't focus purely on magic, the psychology-related powers are much more cost-effecient.

The only thing I don't really like about the list is the 24-man unit of Chaos Warrior, but since they're nurgle-marked I can see why you'd go for that. Still, I'd probably turn it into a 20-man unit and use the extra points to get more marauders (for two units of 16 instead of one of 25). The more units the merrier, is my approach, really.

ROCKY
27-04-2006, 18:57
Hmmm, should I give them great weapons? (the marauders that is)

der_lex
27-04-2006, 19:02
I usually go for HW/shield. Works better to keep them alive as long as possible.
They can hold their own against most rank-and-file troops, just don't send them into elite infantry on their own and they'll do great.
Great weapons are usually only good if you manage to break your opponent's unit on the first turn, which Marauders are rather unlikely to do...

ROCKY
27-04-2006, 19:05
True...Oh well, I guess I will try both strategies then. hmm how about more hounds? more screening, or beef up the herds, or possibly add another?