PDA

View Full Version : 2000 points of Skaven, Throne of Skulls

Typo
17-01-2012, 13:29
Hi folks, in an almost-last-minute decision, I'm trucking up to Nottingham to ToS this March, this is what I'm thinking of taking:

Grey Seer
- Screaming Bell
- Power Scroll
- Ironcurse Icon (Had 6 points over - gives the Bell bunker some additional protection from artillery)

Chieftain
- BSB
- Banner of Eternal Flame (needed something with flaming...)

Warlock
- Doomrocket(ACME - Never Leave the lair without it)

40 Clanrats
- Banner / Musician
- Shields
- Poison Wind Mortar

40 Clanrats
- Banner / Musician
- Shields
- Poison Wind Mortar

40 Slaves

40 Slaves

Rat Pack (Redirectors)
- 6 Giant Rats
- 1 Packmaster

Rat Pack (Redirectors)
- 6 Giant Rats
- 1 Packmaster

Rat Pack (Redirectors)
- 6 Giant Rats
- 1 Packmaster

Rat Pack (Redirectors)
- 6 Giant Rats
- 1 Packmaster

5 Gutter Runners (Warmachine Hunters)
- Poison
- Slings

5 Gutter Runners (Warmachine Hunters)
- Poison
- Slings

Warp Lightning Cannon

Warp Lightning Cannon

Hellpit Abomination
- Warpstone Spikes (don't want to get trapped by ethereals!)

Fairly fixed on the Bell as I only recently painted it up, although I know it's a large 'Shoot Me!' target on the Seer's tail and a big point sink at the same time. Other suggestions on improvements certainly welcome!

The general aim is to take out the opponents warmachines if possible, while getting his blocks to chase the rat packs around the middle of the field while concentrating shooting on one unit at a time, with the HPA either charging an exposed flank or mopping up the remains from the previous turn's shooting.
Power scroll on the seer for sneaky casts of 13th on a low PD turn, with or without warpstone tokens, fingers crossed for lots of scorch from the bell (should be fairly common on 3 dice).

In blood and glory, I'll be at risk - if the opponent has Dwellers or similar.
In Watchtower it will be a pain to shift any opponent if they get into the tower first, therefore the aim there will be to bring it down with cracks call / bell rings, and then park a steadfast unit on top of the ruins. Alternatively empty the building with templates and magic.