PDA

View Full Version : what necromanda gang to select?

mjc1000
22-04-2006, 18:10
hi im about to start necromanda im thinking of getting enforcers because my friends say they are really good if you think i should collect a diffrent army please just reply to this.Any info will be apreciated

russian
22-04-2006, 18:40
although enforcers are an official listm there best used by the camapaign abitrator as they are not a propper gang in the sence. its probs best to start with a house gang if your new to the game, or with an underhive gang such as scavvies

mjc1000
22-04-2006, 19:08
maybe i should have the mutated one what do you think??

Brimstone
22-04-2006, 19:22
If you are starting Necromunda you'd probably be better off using one of the main gangs listed in the rulebook.

Personally I like the Escher because of the models and that they can take swords as starting weapons (if you use the new rules).

Cpt. Drill
22-04-2006, 20:17
I like delaque beacuse they are quite cool looking!

The best gang for a campaign is definatly Van Saar as techno and shooting skills are definatly the best!

But in one off games the only real difference between the gangs is the models and a few weapon options!

mjc1000
22-04-2006, 21:07
maybe i could start off with a orlock house gang?:confused:

Brimstone
22-04-2006, 21:12
maybe i could start off with a horlock house gang?:confused:

That's Orlock and they are OK if you want them all to look like Hulk Hogan. :rolleyes:

Morathi's Darkest Sin
22-04-2006, 21:50
I'm also a huge fan of the Escher, mainly becuase back when the came out there where some of the best female figs available. They do tend to suit my style though, very quick and nasty in HtH once they start earning skills and the like.

Although I always had a soft spot for Ratskins as well, I think really if you are just starting certainly choose one of the main gangs and pick the ones you like the look of.
Although they have differing skill groups and certain weapons the do generally all play the same at the start at least, so style might as well be a factor over rules.

Although the Outcasts and others look really cool and have some damn fine rules, they also bring a bit more baggage in terms of rolling up at the end of each battle and how the collect territories. Also usually what advantages they have come with some pretty harsh disadvantages.

At least with the main gangs, you are generally talking on how you want the gang to play, as said above Van Saar go very shooty, Escher and Goliath go mental for HtH, and the others fall somewhere inbetween.

I'd say if Orlock gets your attention, go that way, try a few battles, get some games under your belt. Then once you have a feel for the game, thats when you should consider the Enforcers. Of course by then you might be more interested in something else. :)

Eversor
22-04-2006, 22:01
As always when choosing what to play, go with the models you like the look of. If you still have multiple choices left, the gangs' abilities have been summed up good and well by the other posters in this thread. And don't choose what seems most powerful. Go with the style you like.

Oh, and don't forget to read up on the background history of all the gangs too ;)

susu.exp
22-04-2006, 22:19
I'm also a huge fan of the Escher, mainly becuase back when the came out there where some of the best female figs available.

They still are. "Esher Juve with stub gun and pick" is the single sexiest model ever (though my real life interests are not leaning in that direction). But I know a bunch of people whoŽd not usually consider females as potential partners, whoŽd shag her. If she was real. And not a hero scale pewter mini.

So... I stole her hairstyle. And noticed an increasing interest in me.

Cpt. Drill
22-04-2006, 22:25
They still are. "Esher Juve with stub gun and pick" is the single sexiest model ever (though my real life interests are not leaning in that direction). But I know a bunch of people whoŽd not usually consider females as potential partners, whoŽd shag her. If she was real. And not a hero scale pewter mini.

So... I stole her hairstyle. And noticed an increasing interest in me.

I dont Know... a good club and large pistol are my criteria when choosing a woman...:)

Dont forget to check out the Outlanders!

If you are into doing conversions they are a must see!

starlight
22-04-2006, 22:40
Enforcers.
Vas Saars.
Eshers.

Just my preferences.:D

Sadly Orks aren't represented:(, so I'll stick to Kill Team and Combat patrol.:p

mjc1000
23-04-2006, 16:10
maybe i should use goliath as there troops look cool but what is the cheapest army?

Autobot HQ
23-04-2006, 16:54
Do an orlock gang, paint all their bandanas yellow and their tops red, give them red and yellow tye-dye pants, and call them the Hulkamaniacs.

Hey, it worked for me.

mjc1000
23-04-2006, 17:57
:skull: :skull: lol i was more thinking rebels lol not wwe superstars lol:chrome:

TrollTyg
23-04-2006, 18:29
Redemptionists!!
Who doesnt like religious fantaics with huge chainsaws and flamers?:D

mjc1000
23-04-2006, 18:44
lol you forgot 40k style macheties lol:D :chrome: :skull:

Bubble Ghost
24-04-2006, 09:10
The Muscle skills list alone makes it worth choosing Goliaths. I had one guy with three attacks and the Crushing Blow and Headbutt skills, so he could swap three hits for one strength 6 one - he was my Raid mission expert, destroying the tunnel entrance by running up and repeatedly smashing his head against it. Then there was the guy who made a desperate attack on a genestealer (charge or be charged situation), only to end up winning the combat - and using the Hurl Opponent skill to gorilla press one of the most dangerous aliens in the galaxy off the top of a three-storey building. Goliaths ROCK.

Psychophobia
24-04-2006, 10:22
he was my Raid mission expert, destroying the tunnel entrance by running up and repeatedly smashing his head against it.

That's hilarious. And awesome.

I personally think that Scavvies are the coolest, especially with the new models. Well, the Scalies are a bit strange, but besides that.

Plus, you get diseased dogs. How can you lose when Lassie the leper is on your side?

russian
24-04-2006, 10:49
plague zombies are so much better than the dogs :p

Yossarian
03-05-2006, 18:44
just use necron models, Van Saar rules and hey presto your very own tomb world lol