PDA

View Full Version : VC General Bubble

Lebowski
18-01-2012, 01:27
Yes. We cannot make moves beyond the 12 inches of our general. unless the unit has the 'vampiric' rule.

I am pretty sure I know the answer, but it never hurt to ask.

My question is: if a character (with the vampiric rule) joins a unit, can the unit not move beyond the 12 inch general bubble?

If this is not the case this army really is limited in larger games and will force the general to fly back and forth behind the army just so it can move :(

Wraith86
18-01-2012, 07:06
I think you,ve worded your question badly but I get what you mean.

You can only march move in a VC army with non-vampire units starting their move within 12" of the general. Adding a character to a unit doesn't change this requirement.

Nothing stops non-vampire unit being outside this bubble of influence they will just be slower.

If this was the case the crumble for losing the general would be horriffic.

Arctaeus
18-01-2012, 07:35
As far as I read in the book, if a unit without Vampiric gets joined by a character with Vampiric, that unit can now march. Did I read incorrectly? :S

Lebowski
18-01-2012, 08:07
I think you,ve worded your question badly but I get what you mean.

Nothing stops non-vampire unit being outside this bubble of influence they will just be slower.

If this was the case the crumble for losing the general would be horriffic.

my deepest apologies for not wording the question in the manner your holiness prefers ;)

but really. I am not sure how this would....

- crumble anything. crumbling happens after the general dies.
- slower? so you are saying that they can move, but just not march?

Point is that it does not say that a vampire in a unit can/can't can enable that unit to move freely outside the 12 inch march bubble in the general rules section in the army book.

Pawn of Decay
18-01-2012, 08:26
The rules are not difficult. Does joining a character to a unit make the unit vampiric? Does it confir the vampiric rule to the unit?

The answer is no, and because of this it does not stop the fact that the unit will need to be within 12" of the General to march.

Wraith86
18-01-2012, 08:34
my deepest apologies for not wording the question in the manner your holiness prefers ;)

but really. I am not sure how this would....

- crumble anything. crumbling happens after the general dies.
- slower? so you are saying that they can move, but just not march?

Point is that it does not say that a vampire in a unit can/can't can enable that unit to move freely outside the 12 inch march bubble in the general rules section in the army book.

The Holiness bit just smarmy.

from you first post you make it sound as VC undead can't do anything without the general, hence my bit about the wording.

Considering under undead Special rule it says;

"... unit with the undead special rule cannot march move unless with 12"of the army general(or have vampiric special rule)"

Under vampiric;

"... and unless they have joined a non-vampiric unit they (and their mounts) can make march moves as normal.

so vampiric is not confired to a non-vampiric unit.

Lebowski
18-01-2012, 08:40
no intention to be 'smarmy' (not 100% what that means) it was just a joke.
thanks for the info ;)

Wraith86
18-01-2012, 08:41
no worries

Voss
18-01-2012, 12:45
As far as I read in the book, if a unit without Vampiric gets joined by a character with Vampiric, that unit can now march. Did I read incorrectly? :S

You did- in fact, it says exactly the opposite: if a model with vampiric joins a non-vampiric unit, it loses the ability to march. In order to march outside the general's influence, the entire unit must be vampiric, so : vargheists, varghulfs, blood knights.

While the black coach technically has the vampiric rule, chariots can't march.