PDA

View Full Version : Clan Mors reborn! Or: A Skaven's inevitable rise-climb to ultimate supremacy

Skratchington
18-01-2012, 03:59
Greetings once again, good sirs and ladies of Warseer. I've taken it upon myself to finally get back into things here and Warhammer Fantasy in general. I currently have no armies, so I'm starting from a blank slate. In a way, I'm actually rather stoked to be in this situation. It's super refreshing, and as we all know, nothing quite beats starting a brand new army from scratch...it really is one of the supreme joys of our hobby, strangely.

Anyway, I'm of course returning to my beloved ratmen. It's just a given, an inevitability, a forgone conclusion. The Skaven are my first and favorite of armies, always have, always will be. Nothing comes close to them in my mind, and honestly it seems like it's really never been a better time in the history of Warhammer Fantasy to be a Child of the Horned Rat. So, I'm all set to start up a completely new Skaven army. It's really an awesome place to be at.

I've also returned to the idea of using one of my favorite Clans, that being Clan Mors, to represent the main contingent of my verminous horde. I really dig the background of its' major players, Lord Gnawdwell and Queek Headtaker, and the overall brutal, vicious, and vindictive nature of the Clan itself, with an added healthy dose of extreme arrogance. Perfect.

I'm looking to start my Skaven using a method I've never tired out before, but always wanted to. It's the method and formula used in the "Tale of ? Gamers" articles. I've always really liked them whenever they popped up, and it's something I've always wanted to try. I like the idea of painting up a specific amount of units and such per month before moving onto the next, while sticking to a schedule to keep one on track.

The problem I'm facing at the moment is I don't have any of the "Tale of ? Gamers" articles left kicking around, so I'm unsure as to what the general outlines for each month are. I'm hoping some of you here can give me a little help regarding this, and refresh my memory!

I'll also be keeping a painting and progress log of my army as things get rolling, so keep an eye out for that(I'll definitely post a reminder message here in this thread when the plog actually goes live).

Lastly, aside from the "Tale of ? Gamers" information I'm looking for and need to get started on things, I'd like to use this thread to discuss tactics and such for the units I'll be working with, post-battle reports, observations and the like, and also get your opinions on starting a Skaven army from scratch and where you think I should start(currently), how you think I'm doing, and where you think I should be going(a little later). In general, I'd love to discuss all things Skaven here, in regards to what I'm doing, and also what you're doing, if you feel up to it.

This is a thread I'll be updating quite often, most likely(along with the painting log once things get moving, which should be quite soon...), and I thank you very much for reading along so far. I'm really hoping I can get the "Tale of Whatever Gamers" guidelines here, and get started on things right away. I've got big plans for this army, and I'm looking forward to getting your lot's help with it!

Skratchington

dementian
18-01-2012, 04:21
Glad to see you return to the hobby and always room for another Warlord in Skavenblight...for now...

Just a heads up, having a recurring topic popping up here only with battle report updates may not be the best way to go about things. Having a paintlog in the Fantasy Project Logs section is a great way to get feedback on your army: http://www.warseer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=100

But there already exists under the tactics forum two additional forums one for posting Battle Reports and another for army lists and advice (mind you right now its swamped with VC). So those two places would be good to post your army for advice and your batrep for gloating.

As for tactic discussion there is already a topic going with over 90 pages of discussion so far so that would be a good place to have a read and post any tactical questions: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260493

Welcome back!

Skratchington
18-01-2012, 04:27
Great, thanks very much, dementian, I appreciate the advice greatly, and that seems like it would be the best idea. I'll certainly be setting up a painting log very soon, and I'll make use of the other sub-forums as the need arises.

Now, I guess the only thing I'd like to continue this thread with is finding out the "Tale of Four Gamers" style guidelines. I'm sure it's something very simple and all, I just can't for the life of me recall what the specifics are for each month's progress. If someone could be kind enough to fill me in on this, I'd be very grateful!

Thanks again for the reply, dementian, and also for the great advice. I'll do just that! Oh, and thanks for the warm welcome back to the Underempire;)

Skratchington

dementian
18-01-2012, 04:36
Yeah haha that is the only thing I didn't comment on because I am too new to the hobby to know I guess.

Only started with some friends this year. I hope you find what you are looking for and I will definitely check back to see what the heck it is :P

Skratchington
18-01-2012, 04:37
Actually, I may have made a bit of a mistake. I believe now, after some online research, that a "Tale of Four Gamers" type scenario involved having a set amount of money to spend each month, rather than a specific number of points or units. I was actually trying to recall the method that uses the set amount of points/units/whatever else it may be per month, rather than a set monetary amount.

Maybe I'm thinking of an escalation league sort of thing? I've got myself seriously confused here, and if anyone can shed some light through my befuddled little haze, that would be perfect...

Edit: Thanks again, dementian, and no worries...as I mentioned, I think I'm way confused about the whole thing at the moment anyway, so absolutely, disregard;) For sure, that would be awesome! I'll be sure to let you and any others who may be interested know exactly when the painting log and everything else goes live!

Skratchington

dementian
18-01-2012, 06:34
I'm not sure if this is something you mean but...check out this thread for The Tale of Fantasy Painters.

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=328513

Metacarpi
18-01-2012, 07:38
There's a "Tales..." article on the GW website, which handily enough includes a guy doing a Skaven army!

Here's part 1: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?catId=cat440022a&categoryId=400020&section=&aId=10100003a

You could try following that for guidlines?

Personally I probably wouldn't follow that one exactly (They seem to buy several boxes a month, which is a little out of my disposable income range). Maybe try writing out an army list of say, 1,000 - 1,500 points, and plan to buy and paint a box or month or something?

Good luck, and welcome to the Verminous Horde!

boli
18-01-2012, 08:42
There are two methods I use:

- Ebay/sale/good deal method - if I come across a great deal I'll go for it and once I reach a point of "ok here is a lot to paint!... I stop unless I see a *really* great deal.

- Payday method - once a month treat yourself to *some* new minatures and try and get them painted before next payday - this never lasts if you happen to see a great deal tho :P

One thing you have to be really *really* careful of is only doing half a unit or simply not finishing off units. For instance I'm working my way through 60 plague monks... 50 of them all have the robes/skin/fur all done but still need basing and weapons painted. Also I've only done 10 of my 40 Stormvermin and got the other 30 in half-finished pieces which I really *really* need to finish! - but I got distracted by my HPA, plague furnance and Warp Lightning Cannon.

If you are going to set yourself a challenge especially with skaven you really have to buckle down and finish the rank and file. - it might not be as exciting as other models but it is something you have to do - as no matter how fantastic your Vermin Lord looks... he'll look 100x better if he was leading a clan of fully painted Skaven :)

Metacarpi
18-01-2012, 09:42
*truth*

If I agreed with this post any more, I think I'd have an agreement overload!

Skratchington
19-01-2012, 06:35
Awesome, thanks so much for the advice everyone! Very nice indeed...

I think I may end up doing something like the "Tale of..." article series on the GW website. It seems like a really great way of doing my Skaven, and the fact that one of the gents actually does a pretty decent Skaven army in said articles is admittedly nice too. I can see myself doing things a bit differently than he, of course, regarding how and what I add to my army, but for the most part, it's a solid bit of guidelines to follow. Very cool stuff, I'm stoked! I may even end up following the directions to the letter, for the most part, as laid out in the articles on the GW site. In a few months, after some hard work, I should have a fairly solid Clan Mors army with which to ravage the Warhammer world.

Thanks again for the advice and tips, guys, I appreciate it greatly and it's super helpful. With all of this info in hand, I'm actually ready to get the ball rolling, and I'll be starting the first month's set tasks(again, from the Tale of Four Gamers articles on the GW website, for any who would like to follow along) this month, January. So, I had better get a move on.

This month, I'm tasked to build and paint the contents of the Skaven Battalion boxed set, and also a character of my choosing. I believe I'll start right away by choosing a Grey Seer on foot. A Level 4 death-dealing rat-mage? Yes please...it's happening. I'll also be building the contents of the battalion with an eye towards future additions(like the Island of Blood boxed set's contents), and yeah...I think I've got a solid plan.

I'll be setting up a painting log asap, to get a start on things, and I'll certainly let you all know as soon as that's up and running. In short, it begins! More Clan Mors badness to come, my fellow furry friends.

Thanks again, everyone!

Skratchington

Metacarpi
19-01-2012, 08:34
Great stuff mate! Looking forward to seeing your painting log!

I'm going to set one up myself for my next mini project!

Skratchington
22-01-2012, 06:18
Awesome, the painting log is about to, very soon, be put up. I'll have the Skaven battalion in my possession any day now, along with the Screaming Bell/Plague Furnace kit to make my Grey Seer out of. Of course there's lots of other uses for the Screaming Bell kit as well...trust me, it'll be well utilized.

Actually, I suppose I should kind of lay out my plan here. It's based off of the "Tale of Four Gamers" article on the GW website, and I've already typed up my plans for it, along with the associated monthly requirements, so I can share that here. It'll definitely help you to see how this is going....

Behold!

\-/Month I\-/

*Paint up a Battalion and a character

-Skaven Battalion
-Skaven Screaming Bell/Plague Furnace box set(to build a Grey Seer on foot)

Grey Seer

20 Clanrats-
Shields

20 Clanrats
Spears
Shields

6 Giant Rats
1 Packmaster

2 Rat Ogres
1 Packmaster

20 Plague Monks
Musician
Standard Bearer
Bringer-of-the-Word

\-/Month II\-/

*A) Add a new unit. Unit type, choice, and size is entirely up to you.
*B) Add a new war machine.
*C) Expand a unit. You must paint another box set's worth of additional models for an exisiting unit in your force.

-A) A unit of x30-x40 Stormvermin
-B) Doomwheel
-C) Skaven Rat Ogres and Giant Rats box set, to add to the exisiting Rat Ogre/Giant Rat unit(s)

30 Stormvermin
Shields
Musician
Standard Bearer
Fangleader

-OR-

40 Stormvermin
Shields
Musician
Standard Bearer
Fangleader

Doomwheel

+6 Giant Rats
+1 Packmaster

+2 Rat Ogres
+1 Packmaster

\-/Month III\-/

*Paint up the models from the Island of Blood box set, OR collect and paint an equivalent selection of models instead.

-Island of Blood box set:
x1 Skaven Warlord/Chieftain
x1 Warlock Engineer
x40 Clanrats(including x2 full command groups, x20w/Spears+Shields/x20w/Hand Weapons+Shields)
x1 Master Moulder
x2 Rat Ogres
x1 Warpfire Thrower
x1 Poisoned Wind Mortar

+20 Clanrats
Shields
Musician
Standard Bearer
Clawleader

+20 Clanrats
Spears
Shields
Musician
Standard Bearer
Clawleader

Poisoned Wind Mortar

Warpfire Thrower

+2 Rat Ogres
+1 Packmaster

-OR-

+2 Rat Ogres
+1 Packmaster
Master-bred Rat Ogre upgrade
Master Moulder upgrade

Warlock Engineer
Level 1 Wizard
Warp-Energy Condenser

-OR-

Warlock Engineer
Level 1 Wizard
Warplock Pistol
Warp-Energy Condenser

Chieftain
Battle Standard

\-/Month IV\-/

*A) Add a new Special unit to the army.
*B) Add either another unit, or bolster an existing one.

-A) A unit of Gutter Runners (currently working on conversion ideas and unit size. Potentials include using the Night Runners box set, models built with cloaks and twin fighting claws, and also perhaps using the Sling upgrade pack...)
-B) A unit of x40-x60 Skavenslaves, possibly more. (*this unit can be broken down into multiple smaller units of Skavenslaves if need be. Be mindful of using the more armoured bodies for Clanrats during the earlier month's work, and saving the more ragged, barren bodies for this unit of Skavenslaves. This may require that extra boxes of Clanrats be purchased in advance, during month 1 and such...)

60 Skavenslaves

9 Gutter Runners
Poisoned Attacks
Slings
*the size and composition of this Gutter Runner unit may change...more research and help is required before solidifying this unit's size and form.

\-/Month V\-/

*Add a single centrepiece model to your army.

-Hell Pit Abomination box set

Hell Pit Abomination
Warpstone Spikes

Skratchington

Skratchington
22-01-2012, 06:23
Over the course of five months, I'll amass quite the large Skaven army, and, most importantly, have it completely painted and ready to subjugate the surface world as well. After month five is finished up I can pretty much go nuts, add other things, and do whatever it is I want with the army. Of course, I could do this during the five months, but I'm thinking it's likely better to try and stick to a bit of a plan, especially when dealing with the Skaven, and get things done. Otherwise, I can see myself being very scattered, wanting to add something I think is cool, and not finishing up the necessities. I think this is the best way to do it for me, and I'm actually pretty stoked about the whole thing.

I just got a copy of the Uniforms and Heraldry of the Skaven as well, and it has quite a nice spread on Clan Mors, my chosen Clan, and things are definitely starting to shape up nicely.

By all means, let me know what you think of my proposed start to things and what it contains, and also keep an eye out for the painting log, which will be starting absolutely any day now. I'll update here as well as soon as the first post is made in said painting log...

Skratchington

Metacarpi
23-01-2012, 07:26
Nice little set up there! I take it you're planning on using the Screaming Bell/Plague Furnace kit as a Pague Furnace then?

Can't wait to see your progress through this pal, looking forward to seeing your log!

boli
23-01-2012, 16:19
Awesome, the painting log is about to, very soon, be put up. I'll have the Skaven battalion in my possession any day now, along with the Screaming Bell/Plague Furnace kit to make my Grey Seer out of. Of course there's lots of other uses for the Screaming Bell kit as well...trust me, it'll be well utilized.

NB: if you're thinking of using the bell and/or seer on the ground it is a great idea I assure you *but* even if you trim it up you're still going to be taking up a lot of space and it *just* won't fit on a 20mm base. Its not so much the bell more his stance as it is very "open" i.e. you're gonna be struggling to put the unit around him.

I got my grey seer from the sreaming bell kit myself and thought as you do now about using him on foot... but you're going to struggle... eventually I just went the whole hog and did a 40x40mm base a half buried bell and giant rats swarming around.

Skratchington
27-01-2012, 02:47
Awesome, thanks so much for the interest and thoughts everyone! Now, that said, I managed to completely blow my "Tale of Four Gamers" monthly increment type collectathon...badly;) Despite all my tough talk, I did what most of us insane gamer/collector types do, and go all in. That's right...I'm currently working on a rather huge, complete Skaven army even as I type this. At the moment, this is what I have;

-Grey Seer on Screaming Bell
-x5 Skaven Hero/Lord types(Warlord Spinetail model, Queek Headtaker model, Warlock Engineer, Deathmaster Snikch, etc.)
-x120 Clanrats/Skavenslaves(I'm still working on the mix...honestly at this point, it's definitely more Clanrats than Skavenslaves)
-x30 Stormvermin
-x2 Warpfire Throwers
-x2 Poisoned Wind Mortars
-x6 Warplock Jezzails
-Hell Pit Abomination
-x2 Doomwheels
-Warp-Lightning Cannon

So, this is the start of my collection, and it's coming along very nicely, I think. I'm really loving the way they're turning out so far, anyway, and I'll have pics and such soon enough. That means that there's definitely a painting log forthcoming, and much, much sooner than I had thought or planned. In fact, everything's moving along much more quickly than I had anticipated, and everything I've listed above will be finished, or damn close, very shortly. Clan Mors reborn indeed!

So, now that what I'm currently working with has been sorted out and coming close to being ready to take to the field, it's time for me to start looking towards the future. I'd like your help in figuring out what I should be adding to this army, both in terms of bolstering and adding to the existing units above, and also regarding adding brand new or additional units and such as well. Also, I'd like to take a closer look at characters, and what I could use in that department. I've been really focusing on the meat and backbone of the army to begin with, building up my numbers and getting a lot of the rank and file out of the way, but it's definitely time I sort out what I need for characters. To begin with, I really do think I need a Grey Seer on foot. I love the Screaming Bell and all, and as such was basically forced to build and paint it up, but it is definitely points prohibitive.

That's it for now, everyone, and again I thank you so much for the great replies here and all the enthusiasm...it really does help so much in keeping my ratty brain focused and on track. I look forward to seeing what you all think of these latest developments...trust me, I'm pretty much just as shocked as you are at what I've done...

Skratchington

Skratchington
27-01-2012, 02:54
Metacarpi: Yes indeed, I was planning on using the leftovers from the Screaming Bell/Plague Furnace kit as a Plague Furnace eventually, but in the end, I went a little mad and ended up going in guns blazing. I built it as a Grey Seer mounted on a Screaming Bell, and honestly I'm pretty stoked on it. I think all of us ratmen should have one at some point! Lots of great bits leftover for future use, however, especially if I decide, or it's suggested by someone here, that I start to add a Clan Pestilens contingent...
Thanks for the reply, my friend!

boli: Thanks a bunch for the great tips on making a Grey Seer on foot using the Screaming Bell kit material! He definitely is posed a little...awkwardly, to be just standing on the ground. Sure, he's perfectly suited to clambering over a giant bell, but simply standing there....different story. That said, I was thinking of maybe adding some slate work or something along those lines to his base, and have him kind of slinking over those, basically having it replace the bell as his perch, and make sense for him on a normal base. Regardless, it hasn't yet come to that...I simply built him mounted on the Screaming Bell. That said, there is soon coming a day when I really do have to make a Grey Seer on foot, and believe you me, the wheels are definitely starting to turn.
Thanks again for the reply and suggestion, boli!

Skratchington

dementian
27-01-2012, 03:01
I think you should look into adding some plague monks eventually, they are really make for a good hammer unit. If you want a plague furnace in it sweet, if not replacing the cost of the plague furnace with just more plague monks apparently is comparable.

Another WLC maybe.

I saw you had some Jezzails, did you buy the GW models or did you get some from ebay/kijiji?

Looks like a pretty solid army coming. I personally just put a screaming bell together as well and I am very happy with it makes for an amazing centerpiece for the army!

Look into getting some giant rats. A unit of 5 giant rats with a packmaster is 23 points great for winning deployment match ups and as redirectors.

And if you want to be really cheesy...another hellpit :D

Skratchington
27-01-2012, 03:18
dementian: Thanks so much, sah, I definitely like the sound of your advice very much! You know, after thinking about it for a while, I've pretty much come to the same conclusion as you, in that Plague Monks would be such a good idea as an addition to this army. I'm really stoked to see that you think so as well! They definitely strike me as an awesome hammer unit, perhaps one of our best. I'm not sure I could restrain myself from adding a Plague Furnace to such a unit either, actually, so that's probably in the cards as well!

Multiple Warp-Lightning Cannons also seem to be a great investment, and I certainly wouldn't mind having another one! I was also thinking of bolstering the number of Jezzails in the existing unit...maybe to 8 or so? Not sure on that one yet. The Jezzail models are the GW Finecast ones, which I actually like! Of course, I've converted them a bit, so they're definitely more unique. Can't wait to show them to you! Also, a big yes to the Giant Rats! I had actually completely forgotten about them, and at the beginning stages of this whole thing, I was all about making sure I had a goodly sized swarm of Giant Rats! Thanks for suggesting that and reminding me, dementian! Lastly, regarding adding another Hell Pit Abomination, well...I could, but I would only do it because I have two names picked out for A-Bombs that I really dig("Doom-Slash" and "Goreworm"...I tend to name pretty much everything in my army...). Not sure I'd ever use the two of them together, but they are an absolute joy to build and paint, very cool.

Thanks for the ideas and compliments, dementian! I'm really pleased with how it's all coming together, and I also feel like it's a pretty solid collection forming. I'll let you know the instant my plog goes up(which will be very, very soon!), my friend!

Skratchington

boli
27-01-2012, 08:02
Don't get caught up in another massive investment just yet... I mean sure we all want 200 slaves but I would just try and paint what you have untill you start massively expanding the core again. That said never underestimate rounding the list off with smaller purchases.

A couple of small squads of Gutter Runners / Night Runners may not sound as impressive but they like the big showey A-bombs or plague furnace... but they are very underrated aspect of a Skaven army :)

Metacarpi
27-01-2012, 08:06
Heh, the Screaming Bell is an awesome model! A great painting challenge as well! Unfortunately, because it's such a big, juicy target (and because there are lots of cannons in my local meta), it does attract a lot of attention in the shooting phase! If you keep it well hidden though, it's tolls will soon start paying for it!

Plague Monks are a fantastic unit. I recently played a game against OK, and with the Plague Banner on a unit of 39 (with a Plague Priest, but the banner doesn't effect him) and they really kicked ass, taking out the majority of a 6 man Irongut unit in a single turn!

Skratchington
28-01-2012, 04:17
Thanks so much for the continuing response and help, gents, you have no idea how helpful and inspiring it is. Not only that, but I find it does wonders for my continued focus and motivation...seriously, I can't thank you enough, and I hope it keeps going!

boli: I agree completely! I'm not planning on getting myself completely bogged down in another massive expansion just yet. For sure, there's nothing I'd like more than a couple hundred more Skavenslaves and Clanrats painted up and ready to go right away, but you're quite right, I've got my hands full as it is. Not only that, but I did manage to use my brain a little bit when blasting into this initial core project, and made damn sure that I'd have at least enough Clanrats and Skavenslaves to make me feel like I'd be OK in, say, a 2000 points army. With 120 Clanrats and/or Skavenslaves from the get-go(the majority are typically Clanrats, leaving about 30+ actual Skavenslaves...maybe 40), I'm doing okay. These will be fully painted, based, have their magnetized movement trays, and generally be finished before I ever even think of adding more of them. In fact, the Core units are almost all finished, as you'll soon see in my upcoming project log!

I also agree with using smaller additions to round off the army as it is, and I really like that idea. In fact, I'm currently thinking about adding a few different things at the moment that shouldn't take me too far off track, and really just end up being things I really feel that I need anyway, for most points level games. I'll get into some of these choices soon. I've actually been thinking about a unit or two of Gutter Runners! The only thing is that, at the moment, I'm working on conversions for them, and it might take up a little too much time and resources while I'm currently trying to get this massive alpha project finished and ready for battle. Any thoughts on awesome Gutter Runner conversions and also unit builds? Thanks again, boli!

Metacarpi: Oh yes indeed, my friend, the Screaming Bell is spectacular! It's also just so...Skaven, ja? It's a necessity, in my opinion, if not in every army list I put together, then at least in my collection, there to use whenever I feel like being grand, pompous, and rattily "in your face, man-thing!". The painting on it is coming along very well, and I'm really actually loving it. I'll have pics up of it, and everything else, when my plog goes live, which is going to be very soon. Just working on the camera aspect of it, and getting the pictures at least a little right. I may be a lot of things, but a good, or even decent, photographer I am not. It's coming soon though, I promise! I'm actually really looking forward to using the Screaming Bell in-game as well too. Believe it or not, even with my old, long-gone Skaven army, I never got to use the Bell, so I'm stoked to bust it out on the tabletop. Thanks for the tips on using it, Metacarpi, and you're right, with the way most meta game situations tend to be as of late, using it with care is a must!

It's official; My next phase expansion plan of this collection, which will be another rather huge gathering of new models and units, is definitely including a huge Clan Pestilens contingent. A massive unit of Plague Monks, Plague Priests(one of which is very likely to be mounted on a Plague Furnace, oh yes...), and perhaps even a Plagueclaw Catapult or two, are all very much happening. In fact, said second wave of this collection will focus, more than anything, on Clan Pestilens as allies to my current Clan. Intentionally, the first part of this army has focused very much on the "Warlord Clan" aspect of the Skaven, representing the core Clan Mors army. Of course there's some units and weapons purchased from some of the Greater Clans, as any Warlord worth his whiskers would have, but for the most part, it represents the army of a Clan Mors Warlord. Thanks, Metacarpi, and have no fear...Pestilens will be making an appearance in my force in a big, big way, rather soon!

In other news, and like I had mentioned already in this post, instead of immediately going crazy and getting another huge amount of models on the go, I've decided to try and round things off a bit, and just add a few things that I either believe I need, or think will possibly come in handy. This the expansion list I've got planned currently:

-Grey Seer on foot
-Chieftain Battle Standard Bearer
-2 or 3 additional Chieftains (they make for rather inexpensive extra killing and staying power for any given unit. Armed with halberds, great weapons, etc.)
-+10 Stormvermin (to bolster the existing unit)
-+3 Warplock Jezzails (to bolster the existing unit)
-A unit of Giant Rats and Packmasters (not at all sure on the size of this unit at the moment...any thoughts?)

That's it. I may just end up beginning work on it right away, along with the existing stuff, because I honestly feel like it's pretty necessary stuff anyway. Also, in the big scheme of things, it isn't really that much more stuff to get painted up and finished, and I think the benefits of these relatively minor additions more than makes up for the extra time, energy, and resource expenditure. Thoughts?

Thanks again, good sirs, and I definitely look forward to seeing what you think about...well, everything...

Edit: Since I've been going on and on about my upcoming project log and all the painting and such I've been doing, well...I thought I'd give just a little teaser. This isn't the proper place for a lot of pics or anything like that, so just think of it as a little something extra, in order to help visualize what I'm working with;) The models in the picture, which are some of my Stormvermin, aren't quite finished, and it's a small, cropped pic(saving the good stuff for the actual painting log), but I thought I'd better start showing some progress to you all!
..."Pics, or it didn't happen"...

Skratchington
*who's new avatar also happens to be a WIP picture of one of his Warlord/Chieftain models...