PDA

View Full Version : Combat reforming "out of combat" (Lost my rulebook)

karse88
18-01-2012, 09:38
My RB has gone missing and i was thinking a lot about my next battle last night before i went to sleep...
I have to kick some vampire but on Thursday and im totally lost!
I thought about fielding 70 zombies or so, make them 10 wide and walk until i hit anything, win/loose the combat and Combat reform to a block and stay there for the reminder of the game.

if i walk 10 wide and hit 3 units, then im not able to combat reform out of CC, but what happens? nothing? if the units are to large to all touch my unit, what happens?

this is the best help for me, i know its not the best question ever, still hope there are someone that can help me :)

Jolly Puggles
18-01-2012, 09:56
My RB has gone missing and i was thinking a lot about my next battle last night before i went to sleep...
I have to kick some vampire but on Thursday and im totally lost!
I thought about fielding 70 zombies or so, make them 10 wide and walk until i hit anything, win/loose the combat and Combat reform to a block and stay there for the reminder of the game.

if i walk 10 wide and hit 3 units, then im not able to combat reform out of CC, but what happens? nothing? if the units are to large to all touch my unit, what happens?

this is the best help for me, i know its not the best question ever, still hope there are someone that can help me :)

Using Combat Reform to reduce the number of models in combat is illegal. You may reform to increase the number of models fighting by extending the length of your ranks, but not vice versa and you may certainly not "disengage" from combat using reform. If you can't do either of these then you can't reform and (as you say) do nothing.

Skywave
18-01-2012, 09:58
You can't reform to bring less model into contact, best you could do is if you're facing a 5-wide enemy unit and reform into 7-wide yourself. So yeah, if reforming would mean less models in contact then you don't reform at all.

If he charge with multiple enemy units, he have to make sure even number from each unit touch yours (as much as feasably possible), and any unit that can't fit for any reason are treated as failing the charge.

If it's you that charge, then all unit in contact, even with a single model on the corner, will count as being in combat. He might have to "close the door" to align with your unit, but otherwise he stay there. If he want to bring more model to the fight, he'll have to make a combat reform to do so.

karse88
18-01-2012, 12:58
thats what i thought... you cant ever get out of CC :b .. maybe it was to risky anyway.... so, if get charged and im 10 wide, he is 5 wide, and i loose combat.. then i will just reform to 5 wide to have the most ranks.. thanks for the good answers! im really not sure how many slaves to bring and how to play them when i dont know how many zombies/skeletons he will bring :b