PDA

View Full Version : ZOMBIES!!! 2,4K vampires

Sortaja
18-01-2012, 17:44
This is my idea for a zombie-themed VC army, which finally could see some action now that zombies aren't so craptastic anymore. First I wanted to include a vampire lord in the list but decided to go for a MN instead for more points in other sections.

Also, any ideas how to kit out my bsb? I want to give him durability in a challenge, so ward saves? glittering scales? fencer's blades? nightshroud? you tell me.

*** Updated list below ***

Master necromancer
lvl 4, vampire lore
talisman of preservation, black periapt

Necromancer
lvl 2, vampire lore
Cursed book

Necromancer
lvl 2, Death lore
Book of arkhan

Wight king bsb
???

Cairn wraith

(730)

40 Zombies, fc
40 Zombies, fc
40 Zombies, fc
40 Zombies, fc
30 zombies, fc
(620)

Corpse cart, lodestone
8 Crypt horrors
5 fell bats
(504)

Varghulf (counts-as zombie monster!)
Terrorgheist, rancid maw, infested
(425)

Total: 2279, so 121pts left.

How should it play out? I have no idea, but zombies give me resolution while horrors, monsters and the death mage to some extent give me kills. Are they enough? probably not but at least it should be fun

bildo
18-01-2012, 18:03
take your zombies 5wide, depending on the number of units your opponant has, consider combining a couple of units for some 80man. for the 121 points, id take a unit of vageists if you can squeeze them in, pottentially drop the bats for them

meowser
18-01-2012, 18:27
BSB seems unnecessary

No zombie dragon in a zombie themed list? :P

I agree with bildo that vargheists would be better damage-dealers, and then you don't have to worry about keeping them within 12" for march

A second corpse cart would probably help

Swarms of both variety might be useful as well

Sortaja
18-01-2012, 20:36
Bsb lets me re-roll swift reforms etc. which is useful because the list lacks ld.

Vargheists are farther from the theme, and they are very much a glass cannon and a high priority target with little survivability in this list. So not going to take them in this setup.

No vampire lord, no zombie dragon :). But certainly crossed my mind. Also, would be cool to have a zombie-themed monster list with a couple of terrorgheists and a dragonlord :D.

Swarms would be cool, maybe I'll take some of them.

zielonkak
18-01-2012, 21:07
could take two naked lords on terroghiest, and like 3 others with up grades in a 3k match...your core could be all zombies....haha..and add some vargeists for special....1000 pts of zombies could be fun

zielonkak
18-01-2012, 21:08
sorry that doesnt work....but you could take one beefed up lord on one

Lebowski
19-01-2012, 01:12
vageists

haha. they sound horrifying.

NitrosOkay
19-01-2012, 01:33
I'm disappointed in your lack of dedication to Zombies.

Here is the list you should actually be taking:

Level 4 Master Necromancer 200

Level 1 Necromancer 65
Level 1 Necromancer 65
Level 1 Necromancer 65
Level 1 Necromancer 65

Corpse Cart with Unholy Lodestone 120

100 Zombies 300
100 Zombies 300
100 Zombies 300
100 Zombies 300
100 Zombies 300
100 Zombies 300

You might think, "I should take some standards so I don't autolose Blood and Glory" but the answer to that is that it would decrease your Zombie count.

Lebowski
19-01-2012, 01:37
I'm disappointed in your lack of dedication to Zombies.

Here is the list you should actually be taking:

Level 4 Master Necromancer 200

Level 1 Necromancer 65
Level 1 Necromancer 65
Level 1 Necromancer 65
Level 1 Necromancer 65

100 Zombies 300
100 Zombies 300
100 Zombies 300
100 Zombies 300
100 Zombies 300
100 Zombies 300

You might think, "I should take some standards so I don't autolose Blood and Glory" but the answer to that is that it would decrease your Zombie count.

auto draw! unless you opponent has purple sun.

Dexta
19-01-2012, 10:59
If you take the crypt horrors, why not use a box of ogre bulls and convert them to be zombie ogres!!!!!
That would be cool.
I agree with NitrosOkay, needs more zombies

Sortaja
19-01-2012, 12:48
If you take the crypt horrors, why not use a box of ogre bulls and convert them to be zombie ogres!!!!!
That would be cool.
I agree with NitrosOkay, needs more zombies

Yeah, that was my exact idea :D. Crypt horrors make excellent zombie ogres.

hmm, I can squeeze more zombies in if I take the terrorgheist, cairn wraith and bats away. Lets see...

Master necromancer
lvl 4, vampire lore
talisman of preservation

Necromancer
lvl 2, vampire lore
Cursed book

Necromancer
lvl 2, death lore
Book of arkhan

Wight king bsb
enchanted shield, biting blade

80 Zombies, fc
60 Zombies, fc
50 Zombies, fc
40 Zombies, fc
40 Zombies, fc

Corpse cart, lodestone
Corpse cart, lodestone
8 Crypt horrors
5 Crypt horrors

Varghulf (counts-as zombie monster!)

Total: 2399
zombie count:270 + 13 zogres + zombhulf

enough?

Echunia
20-01-2012, 07:51
Haha, ranking up that force will be a nightmare! Added that you will probably summon 20 more to each unit during the game as well xD. Hilarity will ensue!

Oogie boogie boss
20-01-2012, 10:15
Ah, it's so nice to see people taking zombies again. This actually brings a little joy to my heart. Not only because zombies (and skellies) are what VC should be all about, but also because my SO will love fighting this army. And if painted well it would look amazing. Good luck to you!

Overtninja
20-01-2012, 14:50
as fun as zombies are (to the vampire counts player, at least ;P), a list that fields nothing but carpets of zombies isn't going to hurt anything - and with a carpet of dead guys mucking up the field it's going to be very hard to get your crypt horrors into combat unless you front-charge things. this list is probably going to lead to some rather funny battle reports of opponents raging, though, so i look forward to that. ;p

Sortaja
20-01-2012, 20:09
Ah, it's so nice to see people taking zombies again. This actually brings a little joy to my heart. Not only because zombies (and skellies) are what VC should be all about, but also because my SO will love fighting this army. And if painted well it would look amazing. Good luck to you!

Thanks! I think I'll just dip the zombies, because it's easy and I'll go crazy if I try to hand paint 270 3-point models :D.

Sortaja
20-01-2012, 20:13
as fun as zombies are (to the vampire counts player, at least ;P), a list that fields nothing but carpets of zombies isn't going to hurt anything - and with a carpet of dead guys mucking up the field it's going to be very hard to get your crypt horrors into combat unless you front-charge things. this list is probably going to lead to some rather funny battle reports of opponents raging, though, so i look forward to that. ;p

I know it won't kill much stuff, but with so many ranked units I can hopefully tie up some units with the bigger floats, and make flank charges with the others. Horrors and the varghulf could even accidentally do some damage!

Also, magic

thesheriff
20-01-2012, 21:12
That Ogre bull zombie idea popped into my mind too. That idea will spread like wildfire, if not for the fact that it's such a cheaper alternative.

I would suggest a couple of things;

*A Mortis Engine (I'm gonna convert one to be effectively a giant corpse cart) would be a good shout.
*Some dire wolves would be cool
*The Staff of damnation is a fantastic arcane item, definatly include that.

thesheriff

Dexta
21-01-2012, 00:05
If you wanted a zombie monster, You might get away with using the rules for a vargulf to make a zombie giant? I know its all just zombies, but the conversion opportunities could make it look really good

Sortaja
21-01-2012, 20:14
If you wanted a zombie monster, You might get away with using the rules for a vargulf to make a zombie giant? I know its all just zombies, but the conversion opportunities could make it look really good

Not a bad idea at all, unfortunately I already have a converted model for the Varghulf ready :).

What should I let go to get a mortis engine crammed in? It's pretty expensive so varghulf and a corpse cart? I could buy more zombies with the leftovers.

Dexta
25-01-2012, 12:43
More Zombies!!