PDA

View Full Version : 2500 Vampire Counts List

Vampire Counts Guy
19-01-2012, 00:19
Lords and Heroes:

Strigoi Ghoul King-435
Skabscrath, Dragonbane Gem, Red Fury, Aura of Dark Majesty, Fear Incarnate.

Krell

Necromancer- 105
Rod of Flaming Death

Necromancer-85
Master of the Dead

Core:

Skeletons x48- 295
Full Command, The Screaming Banner

Ghouls x32-330
Gheist

Special:

Grave Guard x28- 416
Full Command
Banner of Barrows
Great Weapons

Rare:

Mortis Engine- 240
Blasphemous Tome

Total: 2111
Basically Ghoul King and a necro go into the skeleton unit (his vampiric powers added with that banner should work well). Then Krell and a necro go in the Grave Guard. I still have 400ish points of stuff to add and was considering: crypt horrors or varghiests, more core or possibly hexwraiths.I was also curious about how many hammer units an army should have compared to how many tar pits, i imagined it would be a 1:1 ratio. Feel free to critique and assess the strengths and weaknesses of the army.

Lebowski
19-01-2012, 01:14
I like it but our doom sword kinda blows.
give him either the 3A sword or I really like the sword of anti heroes.

Nightmare84
19-01-2012, 01:29
I don't know our doom weapon is Pretty awesome. Combine scabscrath, curse of the reveant and aura.

Pushing out 7 attacks with hatred, plus maximizing the on the death shrieks ability with the bonus wound and lower leadership. Average roll should get you 3 wounds if lord is healthy.

Edit: presuming the enemy is ld 10 before debuff of aura

Vampire Counts Guy
19-01-2012, 04:29
I personally like our sword. Right now i am thinking that with the points left over i can either get a terrogeist and 4 crypt horrors/vargeists or a huge unit of 8 crypt horrors with some points to throw around.

Mullitron
19-01-2012, 07:42
I personally like our sword. Right now i am thinking that with the points left over i can either get a terrogeist and 4 crypt horrors/vargeists or a huge unit of 8 crypt horrors with some points to throw around.

Well I would suggest the large unit of crypt horrors, first of all their much easier to raise back with invocation since they don't have the vampire or large target rule like the other two. Secondly they will really benefit from the Mortis englines special rule which you already have in your list.

That being said you don't at the moment have a high level caster so I would try and squeeze in the point to upgrade a necromancer to a master and then level 4 so you can heal 5 wounds with one casting on invocation on your crypt horrors.

Not made my mind up yet on Krell, (well the model looks great) his axe is pretty nasty but his armour seems a bit... weak just like mannfred or heinrich's sword.

Vampire Counts Guy
19-01-2012, 09:35
Admittedly i took krell because of his model mostly, but he is a ridiculous hero level character and a decent character killer. I will tinker my list a little and post what i have come up with tomorrow.

Vampire Counts Guy
20-01-2012, 04:11
My revised list looks something like this now. I decided ghouls aren't really worth it to me and with the spare points of converting ghouls to skeletons i was able to add a unit of dire wolves.

Lords and Heroes:

Strigoi Ghoul King-435
Skabscrath, Dragonbane Gem, Red Fury, Aura of Dark Majesty, Fear Incarnate.

Master Necromancer

Krell

Necromancer- 105
Rod of Flaming Death

Core:

Skeletons x48- 295
Full Command, The Screaming Banner

Skeletons x45
Full Command

Dire Wolves x10

Special:

Grave Guard x28- 416
Full Command
Banner of Barrows
Great Weapons

Crypt Horrors x8

Rare:

Mortis Engine- 240
Blasphemous Tome

Count Demandred
20-01-2012, 07:33
Where will you be deploying your Heroes and Lord?