PDA

View Full Version : 2400pts, 3 possible Beastman lists

Mozzamanx
19-01-2012, 00:39
Hiya,

After much fiddling and tampering, I've come up with 3 'final draft' lists for an upcoming tournament. However I am having great trouble deciding between the 3, and would appreciate your input on which is the best option.
All 3 are fairly similar, mostly differing in the character selection. Probably worth noting that my choice of models is rather limited, and so I cannot increase the size of my Bestigor nor remove the Minotaurs.

The basic template includes:

Great Bray Shaman- L3, Shadow, Chalice of Dark Rain

Bray Shaman- L2, Beasts, 2 Hand Weapons, Shard of the Herdstone
Bray Shaman- L1, Shadow, Dispel Scroll

Gor- 37, 2 Hand Weapons, Full Command
Ungor- 16, Champion
Ungor Raiders- 5
Ungor Raiders- 5
Tuskgor Chariot
Tuskgor Chariot

Minotaur- 4, 2 Hand Weapons
Harpies- 5
Bestigor- 20, Full Command
Razorgor
Razorgor

This will then be supported with one of the following:

1-
Doombull- Heavy Armour, Shield, Gnarled Hide, Sword of Swift Slaying, Ramhorn Helm, The Other Tricksters Shard, Dawnstone
Gorebull- Heavy Armour, Shield, Battle Standard Bearer, Beast Banner

Your standard Blenderbull working with a Gorebull BSB. While this is by far my favourite Doombuild, it means using my BSB without the Gnarled Hide. Is the sheer fury of a Rambull worth risking my BSB?

2-
Beastlord- Heavy Armour, Shield, Dragonhelm, Talisman of Preservation, Crown of Command
Wargor- Heavy Armour, Shield, Battle Standard Bearer, Beast Banner, Gnarled Hide
Razorgor Chariot
Bestigor get the Standard of Discipline

Running Gor-only characters gives me a Stubborn bunker along with a Ld10 General. I also save enough points to throw a Razorgor Chariot into the mix. Completely lacking the killiness of Minotaur characters but providing a rock-hard centre and another Chariot. But at only 19 models strong, is the Bestigor-bunker worth it?

List the 3rd-
Doombull- Heavy Armour, Shield, Axe of Swift Slaying, Ramhorn Helm, Talisman of Preservation, Potion of Speed
OR
Doombull- Heavy Armour, Shield, Brass Cleaver, Ramhorn Helm, Talisman of Endurance, Potion of Toughness
Wargor- Heavy Armour, Shield, Battle Standard Bearer, Beast Banner, Gnarled Hide
Razorgor Chariot
(Harpies are removed)

Final option uses a non-blender Doombull and a Gnarly BSB. By cutting the Gorebull and a unit of Harpies, I can throw my favorite Chariot back into the army. However another hiccup is whether to make my Doombull a character-killer (Top) or infantry-smasher (Bottom). Probably the most balanced of the 3 options.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. As mentioned above these are really the only areas of the list I'm prepared to tinker with.

Many thanks.

meowser
19-01-2012, 04:09
I'd say option 2 or 3A(asf sword doombull) are your best bet. Your minotaur unit is too small to use as a minobus, you wont get LOS rolls.

In general, when you have the chance to get more models, phase out the unit of 16 ungor for more bestigor.

Good luck with the tourney, and be sure to post some battle reports!

tmarichards
21-01-2012, 00:16
I'd say option 2. Taking Minotaur characters that aren't on a Flying Carpet or able to hide in a unit that gives them a Look Out, Sir! after taking a couple of hits makes anything with cannons a really bad match-up for you.

minionboy
21-01-2012, 00:20
Number 2 is certainly the best option here, I definitely recommend it.

Mozzamanx
21-01-2012, 13:38
Option 2 is certainly a lot of love then. Is it still worthwhile when the Bestigor will only be 19-models strong?

Thanks for the help so far.