PDA

View Full Version : New to Blood Angels, need help with 750pt list

Robbie_1984
19-01-2012, 12:07
Hello Everyone

I'm new to collecting BA, and am looking for a decent 750pt army to begin with that could act as a core for larger armies.

I was thinking of starting with a couple of Jump packed assault squads with a Libby to lead them at this level, but unsure what to take with the rest of the points.

Obviously going to need some anti tank, so was maybe thinking a dev squad, or a LC pred, and a AC/HB Ball pred? I don't have a codex to hand to check points values of these items.

Any feedback would be hugely welcome!!

Bartali
20-01-2012, 19:05
You can just about squeeze in Jump pack Libby and priest, 15ish ASM with Melta and power weapons and a missile launcher dev squad or AC/LC Pred at 750, all stuff that will useful if you choose to expand

Robbie_1984
20-01-2012, 20:06
You can just about squeeze in Jump pack Libby and priest, 15ish ASM with Melta and power weapons and a missile launcher dev squad or AC/LC Pred at 750, all stuff that will useful if you choose to expand

Thanks for the reply. I posted a list I worked out in the army lists section, would you mind checking it out??

CaptainGallas
21-01-2012, 13:26
Gor for smaller units without the jumppacks.

5 man assault squad without jump packs gets -35p on transport, so for just 20p you have them safe and sound in a fast vehicle with a twinlinked heavy bolter or heavy flamer.
You can have 2 of theese 5 man + transport squads, ad a priest to one and a libby to the other.
Keep them close so the priest is within 6" of both squads, and then you have 2 cc units with FNP and FC + 2 tanks, for around 400-500 points, depending on your upgrades.
On top of that, you can add whatever suits your playstyle. Deathcompany? Dreadnought? Landspeeders? Devastators? You already have your HQ & 2 troops, so it's a free pick. :)

Robbie_1984
21-01-2012, 17:58
Gor for smaller units without the jumppacks.

5 man assault squad without jump packs gets -35p on transport, so for just 20p you have them safe and sound in a fast vehicle with a twinlinked heavy bolter or heavy flamer.
You can have 2 of theese 5 man + transport squads, ad a priest to one and a libby to the other.
Keep them close so the priest is within 6" of both squads, and then you have 2 cc units with FNP and FC + 2 tanks, for around 400-500 points, depending on your upgrades.
On top of that, you can add whatever suits your playstyle. Deathcompany? Dreadnought? Landspeeders? Devastators? You already have your HQ & 2 troops, so it's a free pick. :)

To be honest I'm trying to avoid going down the mech/transport route where possible, and only taking some armour to support jump pack squads. I realise that if I drop the jump packs I could add a lot more firepower, but it's also been suggested that I drop the dread and Baal to boost the 5 man squads to 10 and pack more melta in the process?

CaptainGallas
21-01-2012, 19:56
That sounds like a fun way to go!
Maybe it's because I play a lot of Orks and Nids that I want that extra firepower and tank support, it really helps with a transport and heavy flamer.
10 termagants with devourers fires 30 shots, it's a lot of saves and there will be dead marines, but they cant hurt me in a transport.

Noobie2k7
21-01-2012, 20:04
haha, you're BA vs Nids game was still a massacre :P Should have taken more marines lol.