PDA

View Full Version : army with the most and least magic attacks?

Chain
20-01-2012, 16:29
Or is there a plain order of which army got the most magical attacks from most till least?
discount characters

1) Deamons
2) ?
3) ?
4) ?
etc.

pointyteeth
20-01-2012, 16:32
1. Daemons
2. Wood Elves (if you take heavy on the forest spirits)
3. Vamps (if you go heavy ethereal)
4. not sure where the rest end up

Chain
20-01-2012, 16:36
Regarding vampire count did Wights lose magic attack or keep it?

thesheriff
20-01-2012, 16:37
Skaven have GOT to be up there. All there shooting and alot of there combat are magical

Warriors I would go next. Knights/hellcannon make it pretty good on that front.

Dwarves have lots of magical warmachines too.

So;

Daemons
Skaven
Vamps
Wood elves
Warriors
Dwarves

thesheriff

AlphariusOmegon20
20-01-2012, 16:42
Regarding vampire count did Wights lose magic attack or keep it?

They lost it.

Chain
20-01-2012, 16:48
What about the Black knights?

inq.serge
20-01-2012, 16:50
Sorry to say, but the
hellcannon lost its magical attacks.

Haravikk
20-01-2012, 16:51
Hmm, I'd say Dwarfs definitely come top for least magic attacks. While many war machines and all characters can have magical attacks nice and cheaply (well, until you run out of cheap combos), large numbers of such with runes aren't usually cost effective, and the war machines are only really good against Ethereal characters (cannon), since Grudge Throwers are best used on easy to hit (and high hit count) hordes.

Chain
20-01-2012, 16:54
Sorry to say, but the lost its magical attacks.

That's surprising, it's flameing right?
after all it's the magma cannon

The Low King
20-01-2012, 16:55
Units with magical attacks:

Woodelves: anything with forest spirit (Dryads, treekin, wild riders, treeman)
Dwarfs: Most warmachines (Grudge throwers, Cannons, Bolt throwers) and most characters have a cheap rune on weapons to give them magical attacks

inq.serge
20-01-2012, 16:56
That's surprising, it's flameing right?
after all it's the magma cannon

Nope. Pure normal mundane attacks.

popisdead
20-01-2012, 17:07
1. Daemons
2. Wood Elves (if you take heavy on the forest spirits)

There is a spite to add it to a unit of elves too. So a horde of EG or GG would help keep WE near the top.

TheOneHawk
20-01-2012, 17:18
WoC has trolls and knights for magic attacks.

thesheriff
20-01-2012, 17:53
Sorry to say, but the lost its magical attacks.

Damn. Still, with knighsta nd trolls, no shortage of magical attacks! :D

Hmm, I'd say Dwarfs definitely come top for least magic attacks. While many war machines and all characters can have magical attacks nice and cheaply (well, until you run out of cheap combos), large numbers of such with runes aren't usually cost effective, and the war machines are only really good against Ethereal characters (cannon), since Grudge Throwers are best used on easy to hit (and high hit count) hordes.

How can they come least? They can have magical attacks in something thats not a Lord of Hero?

Compare that to empire. Or Orcs and Goblins?

Darkminion
20-01-2012, 20:18
Looking at my own armies i'd say

Dark Elves have nothing (except magic weapons to buy for characters offcourse) on Magical attacks

Ogres have Yhettees (and the breathweapon from the dragonhide banner is magical, so one more unit to give magical attacks)

Skaven have a lot of magical attacks, Im not even going to count all the possibilities.

D...

IronShark
20-01-2012, 21:37
Or is there a plain order of which army got the most magical attacks from most till least?
discount characters

Daemons are the clear winner.

Second Place is a fairly close competition between Vampires (all their Eathereal Units), Wood Elves (all the Forest Spirit units), and Skaven (basically every ranged attack except for Slings, upgrade on the Abomb, poison gas and wrecker attack from the Furnace).

Next would be Tomb Kings (Catapults/Casket/Stalkers), Dwarves (every Runed war-machine).

Nearer the bottom, there's WoC (Hellcannon, Knights), Ogres (Dragonhide banner, Yhetees?), Brettonians (Grail Knights)

With almost no non-character magic attacks, there are DE, HE, and Lizardmen. These armies do have unit champs with access to magic equipment, but you are unlikely to see it in an "all comers" type list.

Orcs and Goblins, Beastmen, and Empire have no magical options outside characters that I can recall.

trotsky
20-01-2012, 22:06
All the high elf elite can take magical attacks by giving the champion amulate of light. If your play closed lists then this could come as a bit of a shock but apart from that we have nothing outside characters (and most of these take greatweapons).

Enigmatik1
20-01-2012, 23:16
Next would be Tomb Kings (Catapults/Casket)

Also, the Sepuchral Stalkers Transmogrifying Gaze (Care Bear Stare) also is a magical attack. Tomb Guard and "The Curse" from Kings and Princes both lost their magical attacks, sadly.

Most of the remaining races that lack magical attacks inherently on their units can get them via the magic phase (via Fire and Metal especially). The only one that can't off the top of my head that cannot is, unsurprisingly, Beastmen. I was going to also say Bretonnia, but if I recall correctly, Grail Knights have magical attacks.

Crovax20
20-01-2012, 23:19
@ Ironshark

You forgot stalkers for Tomb Kings :D

Enigmatik1
21-01-2012, 00:57
@ ironshark

you forgot stalkers for tomb kings :d

git off mah lawn!

Bloosquig
21-01-2012, 01:42
Bretonnian Grail Knights and characters with the Grail Vow have magic attacks. Not top of the heap but not at the bottom either.

Havock
21-01-2012, 01:49
Brets: Can make their characters do magical attacks without having to invest in a magical weapon (grail vow) and the Grail Knights themselves, of course. Not at the top, but at about WoC level of magical-attack-output.