PDA

View Full Version : Skaven bsb and wargear

alexh
20-01-2012, 19:04
The wording is pretty clear about Battlestandard bearers not having access to magic items. My query is, does this include the scavenge pile?

hamsterwheel
20-01-2012, 19:13
The wording is pretty clear about Battlestandard bearers not having access to magic items. My query is, does this include the scavenge pile?

From the Skaven FAQ

Q. Can a Battle Standard Bearer take items from the Scavenge
Pile that are also magic items? (p101)
A. Yes.

alexh
20-01-2012, 19:34
Thanks for the reply. It honestly didn't occur to me to check the faq.

sorberec
20-01-2012, 19:45
I take it you're talking about a BSB carrying a magic banner (as otherwise they can take magic items)?

If so then I don't see why they wouldn't be able to take Scavenge Pile items as these are not magic items (or at least I can't seem to find anything in the book or FAQ to say they are magic items, not to be confused with the fact that any Scavenge Pile items that are Warpstone Weapons will have Magical Attacks) and the restriction in the army book is only that the BSB cannot take magic items if they have a magic banner.

The quoted Q&A from the FAQ is actually pretty meaningless (in terms of it's inclusion in the FAQ). The question should surely be "Can a Battle Standard Bearer take items from the Scavange Pile if he carries a Magic Banner?"