PDA

View Full Version : Army General Question

Eppe
20-01-2012, 20:08
If you have 2 Characters, one has 8 LD and the other has 7 LD, but the one with 7LD goes into a unit with a +LD banner, thus making him 8LD... can that previously 7LD now 8LD be the Army General, as they both have the same LD now and when that happens the player chooses.

Mr. Shine
20-01-2012, 20:13
The General is decided before deploying your army, so no.

Eppe
20-01-2012, 20:19
Kind of figured that, was just checking. Some friends and I was theorizing different army lists.

Grey Seer Kwokka
22-01-2012, 06:08
If the 7LD character is carrying a magic banner, then he is likely the BSB, no?

Don't most BSB entries explicitly state that they cannot be the army general? Kind of a moot question...

TheOneHawk
22-01-2012, 06:10
The Ld7 character would not be carrying the banner, for the reasons you stated. All BSB entries state they cannot be the general. The +1 Ld banner is 10 points, though, so many elite units can carry it.

Grey Seer Kwokka
22-01-2012, 06:13
Ahh yep, just re-read the question. My bad.

eron12
23-01-2012, 08:52
The Ld7 character would not be carrying the banner, for the reasons you stated. All BSB entries state they cannot be the general. The +1 Ld banner is 10 points, though, so many elite units can carry it.

Just a quick nitpick that a slann can be both the general and bsb, as well as carry a magic banner and other magical items.

Iraf
23-01-2012, 09:26
Just a quick nitpick that a slann can be both the general and bsb, as well as carry a magic banner and other magical items.

The Slann are cheats!

Hawthorne
23-01-2012, 12:43

(I know you were just using them as an example of a BSB and General; for the matter Gorbad also fits that mold)
Although suppose you have a high point army with 2 Slann in it, one of which has the Banner of Discipline as the BSB. (and forgive me I haven't looked at the Lizardman book in quite some time) but he be mandated as the general or would it still be an option between the two since both are base leadership 9 but obviously the one with the banner will be a 10. Just curious.

LiddellHart
23-01-2012, 18:47
My guess is that he will only be ld 10 when the game starts, the +1 being a in game effect that can be negated by certain other effects. As general selection takes place before the game, you can still choose.

(Tapatalk@Galaxy)

Hawthorne
23-01-2012, 22:19
My guess is that he will only be ld 10 when the game starts, the +1 being a in game effect that can be negated by certain other effects. As general selection takes place before the game, you can still choose.

(Tapatalk@Galaxy)
That would be how I rule it too I just was curious if others thought that way.

AMWOOD co
24-01-2012, 03:49
(I know you were just using them as an example of a BSB and General; for the matter Gorbad also fits that mold)
Although suppose you have a high point army with 2 Slann in it, one of which has the Banner of Discipline as the BSB. (and forgive me I haven't looked at the Lizardman book in quite some time) but he be mandated as the general or would it still be an option between the two since both are base leadership 9 but obviously the one with the banner will be a 10. Just curious.

Doesn't it say that only the Slaan who is the General can also be the Battle Standard Bearer? I'm not sure, I don't have the Lizardman book.

Mr. Shine
24-01-2012, 05:24
Doesn't it say that only the Slaan who is the General can also be the Battle Standard Bearer? I'm not sure, I don't have the Lizardman book.

"A Saurus or Skink Battle Standard Bearer may not be the army's General, though a Slann may be."

AMWOOD co
24-01-2012, 09:29
"A Saurus or Skink Battle Standard Bearer may not be the army's General, though a Slann may be."

Hmm... let me rephrase: if a Slaan is the Battle Standard Bearer, must he also be the general? I know this is often the case, but must it?

Mr. Shine
24-01-2012, 19:01
I would say the operative word there is "may" be rather than "must be". There is no requirement for them to be the General if they are the Battle Standard Bearer.