37 Temple Guard (TG)
fc
Venom (to get in magic attacks)

3x5 Chameleons (CHAM)

RARE- >150
2x Salamanders (SAL)
extra handlers

just under 2500

What do you think about the army? how should it run? what should be changed? Worries? comments?

tmarichards
21-01-2012, 03:45
You need to specify what Lore on the frog, Light is far and away the best choice for a Lizards combat army.

I'd put the other Scar-Vet on a Cold One as well, with a great weapon, Dragonhelm, Amulet of Itzl and Firefly Venom.

Temple Guard are very very over-rated, they really don't do anything that Light buffed Saurus don't do. I'd drop them altogether, and make the frog either etheral or give him the 2+ ward vs ranged attacks. I'd also swap out one of the saurus units for a Skink-Krox block.

If you could get the chameleons up to 6 each, that'd be great.

Also, split the Sallies up to run them as 2 singles, there's really not reason to run them in one unit of two when you could run 2 units of 1.

zielonkak
21-01-2012, 15:57
i agree with more camelions and splittig the sallies. as much as i like the solo vet on the coldone, you just have to be careful and watch him constantly in order to keep him alive, so thats up to you. i also like to run my priests as a scout with the camelions as well, have the slanns line of sight behind the enemy first turn is pretty nice in my opinion.

skirder
21-01-2012, 21:57
sorry, i should have specified, the sallies were split. link to the battle report is here: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?330612-2-5-k-Lizards-vs-new-vc

The chameleons were awesome, and 1 extra each would have been nice.

a lone character in my games is almost always dead in the first couple of turns. I love the idea of cold on saurus, but they die to fast if you don't babysit them, and seldom get their points back against my opponents (usually vc or orcs)

The TG tend to hit pretty hard for me. I do agree that you can spend points elsewhere without them, but in my metagame, ethereal wouldn't help much, and vandals/hand of gork cause most of my opponents to move faster than anyone should.

what would you use instead of the TG?