PDA

View Full Version : Throne of Tamurkhan

Blackstaff
21-01-2012, 02:28
So I ordered this bad azz book a few weeks ago and received it last week. I have slowly started reading through it. Here are my thoughts on it. If you do not plan on using any of the models in game from this book buy it if you are a collector. Buy it if you love great art. It has gorgeous artwork. The whole book is so well done, I love the way each page feels like a fine weathered piece of paper. The inks and colors on each page are fantastic. I am definitely not a comic book guy. I prefer my imagination to pictures when reading through a story. However this is one book I can say I make an exception for. If you guys couldn't tell the book is larger then normal by far.

I have been playing since the late 90's and I am glad I didn't miss this one. I may even start collecting Chaos Warriors, Chaos Dwarfs and Empire just so me and my friends can play through the campaign they lay out for you. It would be so cool. It would probably take me ten years to collect and paint those armies along with another ten years to play what looks like a super long campaign but man would it be fun. It would also be way cool to have the Chaos Dwarfs and those war machines. Awesome.

PS
I feel like the kid from the Never Ending Story when reading this book.

Best
Staff

Rikkjourd
21-01-2012, 06:56
I agree. It is very expensive, but man was it worth it. It has a bit of everything, lots of new rules, campaign, tons of fluff, awesome pictures and of course the quality of the book itself.

As soon as a comp for CD is available, I will get myself an army.

Tuttivillus
21-01-2012, 10:59
Certainly the best book in WFB range IMO. And they have outstanding miniature support, pricey, but amazing. Don't know about playing that campaign, but it definitely gave me some ideas for WFRP ;). And if You compare a price to a normal GW Army Book, it definitely bangs for it's buck.

Lordsaradain
21-01-2012, 16:37
The Throne of Tamurkhan book is great, I look forward to seeing the follow up books.

txamil
21-01-2012, 17:46
It's definitely the nicest book on my bookshelf. And cost half of some the stupid textbooks Ill never look at again.

Khornies & milk
21-01-2012, 20:25
It's a great book for all the right reasons - great Art, interesting Campaigns/rules, fantastic models, and the quality of the paper used is superb.
I'm in the middle of collecting a 3K CD list, which while costly (mind you, being in Oz makes FW more affordable than GW stuff), it isn't that hard to reach model count-wise - 64 all up.

lisaundead
21-01-2012, 22:17
It is truly a stunning reference book, but I am gonna be terrified to use it as an army book when playing my Chaos Dwarf list! May have to copy or transcribe the relevant info for use when playing games.

redfury
22-01-2012, 01:27
How is the chaos dwarf list? I hear so little about it? Are there many units without miniatures still? Is it legal in most tournaments? How's their magic?

wizuriel
22-01-2012, 16:20
How is the chaos dwarf list? I hear so little about it? Are there many units without miniatures still? Is it legal in most tournaments? How's their magic?

Some units are terribly over prices (any hobgoblins, core warriors), others terribly under priced (magma cannon, destroyer). Magic seems okay (a bit too close range imo). A few units are still modeless (bull centaurs and K'daii being the big ones). Over all I would say it is about equal to most other GW books (in power level and errors :D). FW though has released and FAQ for the range (buffed destoryer, nerfed iron daemon with the rulings). http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/t/TamurkhanQA.pdf