PDA

View Full Version : Space Marines question?

Dog of War
22-01-2012, 06:37
I've noticed in the standard Space Marine codex that orbital bombardment is available to Chapter Masters.I haven't seen it mentioned for Dante,Logan Grimnar,Azreal,or High Marshal Hellbrecht(spelling).Is it not an option for the fancy Chapters with their own codexes?

sprugly
22-01-2012, 07:05
No they have their own fancy rules. And to be honest I don't really find the bombardment to be very useful. Because you have to remain still to use it and 90% of the time if I have a character like that he'll be wanting to move towards combat most of the game. Plus the chapter master is kinda over shadowed by the special characters in the codex anyway.

Sprugly

Dog of War
22-01-2012, 07:27
Yeah I guess I would rather have The Sanguinor than a generic chapter master.I guess that deepstriking land raiders,Lucifer pattern engines,insane special characters and librarian dreadnoughts more than make up for it.

sprugly
22-01-2012, 07:29
Yeah lol. Each chapter including the codex ones has their own unique points. That rule is one of them. Bit crap tho lol!

pumicerD
27-01-2012, 18:55
Quick question about that Orbital Strike :

Let's say the Chapter master was on board of a vehicle and disembarks after it has moved, he can no longer move during this Movement phase.
Will he be able to launch the orbit strike then ?
In this case the rule will actually be of some use since he still can assault right after.

What do you think ?

Col. Dash
27-01-2012, 19:48
No, he still moved. Disembarking counts as movement, thats why you can only rapid fire. Nice try though. I have to reread it but is it a heavy weapon or does it specifically say not moved?

The Death of Reason
27-01-2012, 20:02
It specifically mentions movement - so terminators can't abuse their Relentless ability either :)