PDA

View Full Version : tyranid paint help

piperrepip
22-01-2012, 22:14
ive come across a dead end with my paint scheme, im not overly sure which color to use for my devourers. my entire paint scheme is a metalic color

armor - blood red mixed with chainmail
skin - chaos black mixed with chainmail

hope this gives enough info for people to give me advice on my scheme as i have no idea how to paint them id like it to be unqiue look good and keep the metallic color so anything mixed with chainmail or mythril silver please

Corsair Princess
23-01-2012, 04:51
I'd say some greyish/silver type color would be good for your color scheme.

JManJump
23-01-2012, 06:47
I agree though something bright (ish) wound be good to stand a few things out.
Would love to see photos when your done.
Cheers

GrimZAG
23-01-2012, 07:35
I've found yellow to work well as a "spot" colour for red and black.

red/winter
23-01-2012, 16:59
I would go with something kind of neutral in color. Yellow could work but may be too much for the red depending on how bright each is. Try a bone color: base graveyard earth and work up through bleached bone to skull white as your extreme highlight.

burning crome
23-01-2012, 19:31
yellow work well with both red and black (both combo are natural warning) if you don't want to go with a full blow yellow then some like bubonic brown (really a light yellow) or any yellow och colour might work. One thing you might want to try in the furture which i found work quite well is instead of mix in metalics, prime or basecoat them in a silver and use washes or inks.

ASSASSINAWOKEN
23-01-2012, 19:56
Have you tried using the online flash painter to get ideas using different colors.

Also this idea may not suit you, but it worked perfectly for me. Me be so indecisive, I asked my GF to sit down with the flash painter and make me a color scheme. She not only helped me get a brand new color scheme, but got me to used colors I normally don't ever use.