PDA

View Full Version : Undefeated Goblins?

blackstork
23-01-2012, 16:52
Hello,
bellow is my list of Goblins, which I use during friendly battles. What can/shoud I change?

Goblin Warboss 81p. shield, light armour, Dragonhelm

Goblin Big Boss 83p. BSB, Standard of Discipline, light armour, great weapon

Goblin Great Shaman 195p. lvl4, Earthing Rod

Goblin Shaman 80p. Dispel Scroll

Night Goblin Warboss 143p. Great Cave Squig, shield, Glittering Scales, Sword of Might

Night Goblins 30 models 215p. FC, Netters, 2 Fanatics
Night Goblins 30 mod. 215p. FC, Netters, 2 Fanatics

Goblin Wolf Riders 5 mod. 70p. musician, shields, spears

Goblin Wolf Chariot 2 mod. 100p.

Night Goblin Squig Hoppers 11 mod. 132p.

Goblin Spear Chukka 35p.
Goblin Spear Chukka 35p.

Doom Diver Catapult 80p.
Doom Diver Catapult 80p.

Snotling Pump Wagon 60p. Spiky Roller
Snotling Pump Wagon 60p. Spiky Roller

Mangler Squig 65p.
Mangler Squig 65p.

Regards

Glenn87
24-01-2012, 08:19
is there a reason your characters are all 'normal' gobbo's?
I can understand the Warboss (extra point of Ld), but all of the rest?
Making them NG, saves you 5-10 points PER character. That's 2-3 Gobbo's extra.
Furthermore, you don't seem to be packing a punch. Your units are only 30 guys. that's not something that will worry alot of people.
Either drop the Spear Chuka's or the Squig Hoppers, and add more Gobbo's.

Also, do you need the musician for the Wolf Riders? rather give them short bows. They can reform as much as they like already.

blackstork
24-01-2012, 08:57
Thanks of advice. I'll change characters and Wolf Riders.
I don't like hordes. Besides, they are not neccessary to win in many battles.

Tokunator
24-01-2012, 09:40
Maybe you could add some information against what armies you play, how often, tactics... etc. Just saying it is undefeated is not useful information on which to base eventual suggestions.

Not going hordes and still winning with pure goblins seems a bit strange. Especially if you should be confronted with opposing hordes.

I can see that you can cause lots of impact hits, but how do you break units that are steadfast?

In addition, all your impact hitters can't enter buildings or the Watchtower, so I think that that's one scenario out of 6 that you more or less autolose. Likewise, you have 2 standards and a general, so Blood and Glory is equally iffy (a Death Mage can probably off your General easy enough with his Ld of 8).

blackstork
24-01-2012, 12:06
Tokunator, your suggestion is put on the right place.
My often opponents are Dwarfs and Lizardmen. But my mates like to play every armies.
I don't like hordes. My two units of 30 Goblins always stay on the army's back. Opponents don't charge nor shoot them, because they have to look after Chariots and random move units.
If opponent have a horde, I avoid it and target other troops.
Maybe my list and tactic aren't ideal, but I simply put it here for feedback.

Tokunator
25-01-2012, 09:14
How do you fare against massive missile fire and magic? Lizardmen with poison skinks and slaan priests should eat that list for breakfast, as should dwarves with a decent amount of gunners or quarrellers.

gorkochile
26-01-2012, 14:28
Squig hoppers ate camaleons , because they have -1 to hit for be skirmishers and they cant react to charges