PDA

View Full Version : 7+ To Hit and Curse of the Midnight Wind

psycho7384
23-01-2012, 20:26
How would this be worked out?
Would you:
A. Reroll 6s before you roll for 7 and lose your 7 roll because you can't reroll a rerolled die.
B. Reroll 6s after you roll for 7 and lose your 6s reroll because you can't reroll a rerolled die.
C. Nothing because you have to reroll 6s not 7s.
D. Allow an extra reroll.

Tuttivillus
23-01-2012, 23:41
reroll 6's in a first roll. If You have any 6's after reroll, roll for 4+, if You have any 6's reroll them. What stays with 4+ is Your ammount of hits.

Hawthorne
24-01-2012, 03:10
I like to think of the second roll (the roll after a 6 for 4+s) is not a re-roll but more of a confirmation roll...(there's no rule as far as I know that justifies my terminology just how I look at it if re rolls are involved and make it complicated)

AMWOOD co
24-01-2012, 03:59
How would this be worked out?
Would you:
A. Reroll 6s before you roll for 7 and lose your 7 roll because you can't reroll a rerolled die.
B. Reroll 6s after you roll for 7 and lose your 6s reroll because you can't reroll a rerolled die.
C. Nothing because you have to reroll 6s not 7s.
D. Allow an extra reroll.

No dice are technically rerolled when making the go for a roll of 7 or more. You are making two rolls for a single result. A 6 followed by a 4+. The process for rerolling is that you are changing a failed or successful result because of some effect and the result hasn't been revealed at only a 6. In fact, on reading the block on p40, there is no mention of the term reroll anywhere within it. Therefore, all results that result in a miss may be rerolled, but will have to score the 6 followed by 4+ just as they did the first time.