PDA

View Full Version : Triple Terrorgheist Monster Mash

lisaundead
24-01-2012, 14:01
Well, Im eventually getting my hands on the new VC army book this evening and I will be looking to try out a fiendish, if not ideal, concept of 3 Terrorgheists (2.5-3k)

I will be looking to field:

Ghoul King on Terrorgheist (with or without Skabscrath)

Ghouls (love em and they fit the theme)
Zombies (for banner)

Vargheists (flying monstrous vamps...whats not to love)
Perhaps Crypt Horrors

2 Terrorgheists

When I get home with the book, Ill flesh out the bones of the list and see what I come up with.
Viable prospect?
Epic fail?

thanks in advance

The bearded one
24-01-2012, 14:11
viable prospect, might need a pair of necromancers or another vampire to back the ghoulking up in magic though.

Righthandedtwin
24-01-2012, 14:16
The only thing I can really see here that could be a problem is that other than TG and SGK the rest of your army is going to trundle along since you'll need a wizard nearby to be able to march the CH and CG into charging range. The Vargheist could be interesting but be careful with their frenzy as a smart player will get them chasing from cheap skirmishing units all game and prevent them getting any real action.

lisaundead
24-01-2012, 14:36
viable prospect, might need a pair of necromancers or another vampire to back the ghoulking up in magic though.

I will have a look at the points et al this evening but should be able to take a couple of Necros. Magic isnt going to be the main focus of the list (I know it is necessary) but the plan will be to get the TG, GK and Vargs in and behind the army ASAP to cause a bit of carnage.

Im aware of the frenzy issue with the vargs...was thinking of a refused flank and just hitting one part of the enemy line with all the gribblies...wiping that out then working my way down the line......idealistic I know!

Thanks for advice though

SotF
24-01-2012, 16:52
I will have a look at the points et al this evening but should be able to take a couple of Necros. Magic isnt going to be the main focus of the list (I know it is necessary) but the plan will be to get the TG, GK and Vargs in and behind the army ASAP to cause a bit of carnage.

The big issue is that your general is a major target because it plays merry hell with your army by having so many abilities based on it.

Only vampiric units would be able to march and you have an unstable turn if you have another caster with the right lore, however, without one you have crumble every turn for the rest of the game. The list also leaves you with a single unit that can work to it's full abilities.

Mozzamanx
24-01-2012, 16:56
If you're keen on the refused-flank style of play, it might be an idea to throw in 2-4 units of 5 Dire Wolves. They are cheap deployment drops and mean that you can essentially 'waste' your first 4 deployments, to get a better idea of how the opponent will deploy. They also have the advantage of speed without needing a Vampire to babysit.

In terms of the actual list I would say its extremely viable. While Terrorgheists are cannon-bait they are more resilient than given credit for, and honestly you'd only need to endure a turn of firing before you can scream them to death. After that its a case of Screaming and Thunderstomping your way to victory, coupled with excellent points-denial because of all the Flying units.

Kayosiv
24-01-2012, 18:18
Don't forget to totally forsake magic and get like 6 banshee's in the hero slot so with your Skabscrath you can just scream at something 10 times in the shooting phase until it's vaporized.

redfury
24-01-2012, 19:10
Magic not being the focus of a vc army seems like a bad move. Aggressive magic isn't necessary but the whole army is held together by magic.

lisaundead
24-01-2012, 20:09
Picked up the army book this evening along with yet more Direwolves AND Krell AND yet another Wraith AND yet another Banshee!
Was thinking of trying to protect the Ghoul King by babysitting with one or maybe two other Terrorgheists!!!
Will have a read of the book and post a list.