PDA

View Full Version : A nice problem to have...

magath
24-01-2012, 17:31
Hi guys

One of my projects this year is building a full sanguinary guard army (30 sanguinary guard and Dante). I just really fancied doing it. And I have all the models for this.

However, a lovely old lady I know recently bought me another box of sanguinary guard. I'm lothe to take them back and refund as she must have gone to a lot of trouble of finding out what I wanted and she'll have saved for a fair bit to afford them.

So what do I do with them?

I'm tempted to have a crack at building the Sanguinor (I hate the current model) and some sanguinary priests with Jetpacks for FNP shenanigans. But what else could I do with them that would complement the existing army of sanguinary guard I have?

For conversion purposes, I have access to a crapton of marine bits (except MK6 heads, I gave all those away).

Any thoughts or advice would be amazing.

M

Mannimarco
24-01-2012, 17:38
Use the box to build a new Sanguinor and a new Dante that fits better with the new Sanguinary Guard. This would leave you 3 for spares and repairs.

Lord Damocles
24-01-2012, 17:39
Honour Guard for Dante?

The 4th edition Codex showed them with golden armour with scultped abs...

Scaryscarymushroom
24-01-2012, 17:47
You could make them into sergeants for themed assault marines, to field them as troops. :p

bocaj
24-01-2012, 18:38
I'd make a new Dante, Sanguinor and a few Priests with the 5 models :)

Chem-Dog
24-01-2012, 22:07
Alternate equipment options for your existing army, Powefists, flag, Infernus and Plasma pistols. Deathmasks too.

Maybe sacrifice one to give Dante the spiffy new jump-pack type, though I'm inclined to believe we'll be seeing new Dante and Mephiston at some point in the near future.

EDIT:- OBJECTIVE MARKERS!!!!!!!!! *ahem*
Objective markers are another potential use.

jamesterjlrb
24-01-2012, 22:15
You could always swap them for something similar, it's not like you're just trading for cash then.

Otherwise, there are a ton of useful bits in there if you're looking at a long term BA army.

DietDolphin
25-01-2012, 00:13
Maybe equip them with the right weapons and they can be Vanguard assault marines. Just model or paint them slightly different so you can tell they aren't sang guard.

The Death of Reason
25-01-2012, 10:08
Paint them up nice, and when nasty little kids come to drool over your army, you present with a Sanguinary guard of their own :)