24-01-2012, 23:59
Level 2 Sorceress lore of shadow 135pts

39 DE Corsairs - full command - Sea Serpent Banner 440pts

Hyrdra 175

Pretty straight forward
any suggestions?

zielonkak
25-01-2012, 00:47
u have one unit and a monster, i would spread out points, maybe add a unit of Xbows, a small unit of coldones, and maybe a spearmen block, or keep the corsairs but at 20.

DragonArmy
25-01-2012, 02:49
Probably should get three units because I assume it is required. Don't be afraid to mix it up from a shadow magic either. You can always think about items on the sorceress--My favs as this point level are ToF and the 30point x-bow that hits 2+ str 4.

ChobitsCrazy
25-01-2012, 07:24
How about this?

1 Sorceress @ 180.0 Pts
General; Magic Level 2
Tome of Furion [15.0]
Lifetaker [30.0]

13 Dark Elf Repeater Crossbowmen @ 135.0 Pts
Rptr Crossbow; Light Armour; Musician

1 War Hydra @ 175.0 Pts

2 Beastmaster @ [0.0] Pts
Beastmaster's Scourge

24 Black Ark Corsairs @ 255.0 Pts
2ndWeapon; Light Armour; Sea Dragon Cloak; Standard; Musician

Now that you mention it the ToF is really good at the low point cost and the bow is a really good defence against ethereal units =)

Kor'Vesh
25-01-2012, 08:59
The tome of Furion is too good not to take, especially at this level. Four spells on a level 2 is a great thing. Personally I'd take warriors over Corsairs, to get more bodies on the field, but corsairs are still very effective and look far nicer. The one final suggestion I might make would be a small unit for taking out warmachines, or rediercting charges. A unit of five harpies could be really useful for you list, and is affordable.

Let us know how you do!

zielonkak
25-01-2012, 15:28
i think it looks way better. i agreee that you you could take the warriors to take more men

DragonArmy
27-01-2012, 08:33
4 more quick ideas:

- Not sure how ToF gives 4 spells...I count three.

- I absolutely love harpies , but they don't do much in small games because they have the worst combat stats for price of any unit in the book--flying doesn't really make up for it.

- Statistically, i find shades do better than x-bow men and they are lot of fun. Shades effectiveness can vary based on board size.

- The SeaSerpent banner is amazing on corsairs--gives an extra attack as least in the beginning.

Col. Dash
27-01-2012, 12:52
I do believe the league is capped at 4 wounds(or it was last time I looked) meaning the hydra is a no go for this one. Use the points for maybe a unit of dark riders and some extra corsairs that or mount the sorc on a dark peggy or bring a combat hero on a dark peggy.

Kor'Vesh
29-01-2012, 12:47
- Not sure how ToF gives 4 spells...I count three.

Your Sorceress has Power of Darkness too, on top of the three lore spells you get with the Tome.

- I absolutely love harpies , but they don't do much in small games because they have the worst combat stats for price of any unit in the book--flying doesn't really make up for it.

Yeah, mine rarely kill a thing, but I use them pretty freely as a sacrifice, and they can be well worth their points for tactical advantage. Very handy for leading frenzied guys around, and either delaying charges, or helping your combat units get them. I suspect they'll be useful against warmachines too, but I've got limited experience using them in this role. Cheaper than Dark riders, but you probably don't need them.

crazedsoldier07
31-01-2012, 09:53
if your playing against friends, i would suggest taking something other than a hydra...... its kinda mean to take that in 750, but if its competitive than so be it.

Glenn87
31-01-2012, 22:31
I'd say this:

Sorceress: lvl 2 (shadow), Tome Of Furion

30 Warriors: Spear, Shield, FC

12 Shades: extra hand weapon (either big unit, or 2 units of 6, I'd go for the latter).

Hydra

This is 749 points, and should do you well ;)

ChobitsCrazy
31-01-2012, 23:45
Yeah monsters were ruled out of the games for the league. So now I have to find a list without a Hydra.

tmarichards
01-02-2012, 02:22
That's not really a problem, as you get into bigger games of around 2Kpts+ the hydra becomes less and less good. I've not bothered with one a 2.4K for quite a while now, they're just too easy to deal with and not worth their points.

Dirty Mac
01-02-2012, 13:09
Try this.

Lvl 2 , ToF, Guiding Eye

17 RXB Mus, Std

21 Corsairs AHW Mus Std, Sea Serpent Standard.

7 shades AHW.

It's about 745 pts. You get a decent bunker, that can shoot, and can still handle themselves in combat, you have corsairs which aren't that bad.
And Shades will probably be the stars in low points games such as these. since you can put them anywhere on the board you want, providing they are more than 12" away from the enemy.