PDA

View Full Version : 2 New VC book rules issues

herohammer
26-01-2012, 01:22
2 weird things that are not terribly clear where I play...

1. Hexwraiths inflict their hits for moving through units in the remaining moves phase. Vanhel's allows you to make a move as if it was the remaining moves phase. Do Hexwraiths do their hits when vanhel'sed, or do they not as Vanhel's happens during the magic phase not the actual remaining moves sub-phase.

2. If you have 2 Mortis engines that are both within range of a unit with no regeneration save of its own do you, as the controlling player, choose the order in which the mortis engines check for their Reliquary power and thus grant the unit a 5+ ward save as one applies after the other, or do the 2 engines check simultaneously and thus both grant the unit a redundant 6+ ward save.

NitrosOkay
26-01-2012, 01:31
Hexwraiths can only do their hits in the remaining movement sub-phase. Vanhels allows a move in the same way as the remaining moves sub-phase, but it doesn't change the fact you're in the magic phase and debarred from moving through enemy units in that phase.

Mortis engine regeneration saves stack with eachother regardless of the order.

Blkc57
26-01-2012, 04:52
Hexwraiths can only do their hits in the remaining movement sub-phase. Vanhels allows a move in the same way as the remaining moves sub-phase, but it doesn't change the fact you're in the magic phase and debarred from moving through enemy units in that phase.

Agree with Nitros on all accounts, but I should remind you that the stacking effect of the Engines still cap out at 4+

Ister Flersson
26-01-2012, 17:21

I have to disagree with you there, the spell states that the move is made in the same way as a normal move in the remaining moves pahse, which for the hexwraiths include damage.

AM1640
26-01-2012, 21:34
I would interpret the hexwraiths as being moved as in the remaining moves sub-phase and so do damage if they go over an enemy unit.
I would agree that the mortis engines supply an augment to nearby units. If you were casting two augment spells you would get the bonuses from both. Enjoy your expensive 5+ward save.

Kalandros
27-01-2012, 02:01
I'd say wraiths do the damage in the magic phase as the spell is effectively an extra Remaining Moves sub-phase just for that unit.

And the Engine stacking is fine but that also makes that 6+ Regen item quite amusing, a VERY cheap 4+ regen as long as both mortis engines remain near the bearer.

valle
27-01-2012, 07:05
I have to disagree with you there, the spell states that the move is made in the same way as a normal move in the remaining moves pahse, which for the hexwraiths include damage.

I agree, the hexwraiths damage have nothing to do with what phase it is, its the fact that they move through the unit which normally happens in the remaining moves phase, that said, this will not make them that much better since they can still only move 8" they still have to finish 1" away and the spell still have to go of and they need to be within range... But yah, if it can go through then its a nice little bonus.

jimbob
28-01-2012, 21:07
Hexwraiths, from my reading, can make their special attacks through Vanhel's.

The spell allows you to move 8" in the same way as a normal move in the Remaining Moves sub-phase.

Both their run-through-units and attack-said-units abilities are triggered in the remaining moves sub-phase.

Seems clear cut.

Some may say the abilities specifically state the sub-phase while the spell says like but them we're back on a new 'ironfist - shield/not-a-shield' debate. Look how that turned out...

Ghoul King
29-01-2012, 06:32
Hexwraiths, from my reading, can make their special attacks through Vanhel's.

The spell allows you to move 8" in the same way as a normal move in the Remaining Moves sub-phase.

Both their run-through-units and attack-said-units abilities are triggered in the remaining moves sub-phase.

Seems clear cut.

Some may say the abilities specifically state the sub-phase while the spell says like but them we're back on a new 'ironfist - shield/not-a-shield' debate. Look how that turned out...
Quote should be' this