PDA

View Full Version : Model transport help

Xzoltan
26-01-2012, 08:45
Hello everyone. I'm new to the forums, and fairly new to warhammer miniatures as well. I've started a Skaven army, and thus it being very model heavy, I figured I'd want some sort of case for transportation. I've found one I like, but I'd rather not buy it from that store, since I don't really like them. Plus, I'm also very open to suggestions. I'm linking to the case, it's a danish website, but there is a product description. The website doesn't allow direct links for some reason, so I'll have to guide you.

Head on over to www.dragonslair.dk. At the top, it says "Figurspil", hover your mouse over it, and click "Spille redskaber" almost at the bottom. Then it's the very first one there called "Model Transport". It's from Sword & Shield. I haven't found it anywhere else, maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places. I would love if someone know an international store that has this for a reasonable price. Also, as I said, I'm really open to suggestions. I just don't want those hard plastic cases, they look ugly as hell to me. Thanks in advance for any advice/suggestions!

Keith_Lupton
27-01-2012, 11:27
I like it. It looks like it will have enough space for your ever expanding Skaven army and other bits too. Thank god for the English description at the bottom.... Whats 400Kr in exchange to Sterling? I agree about the plastic hardcase ones from GW. I used to have one and the 2 clips broke off very shortly after i bought it. wasnt happy. Im struggling to find it stocked anywhere else also so your not alone in that respect.

Delicious Ron
27-01-2012, 11:30
=Keith_Lupton;6056172] Whats 400Kr in exchange to Sterling?

According to my converter it's 45, if its danish crowns we are talking about.

boli
27-01-2012, 13:29
The old style cases from GW broke very easily... I still have one for my "rares"; although transporting skaven is going to be realy *really* difficult. tbh I think the only way you can feasibly transport skaven is by the unit on magnetised unit trays.

Xzoltan
27-01-2012, 14:22
According to my converter it's 45, if its danish crowns we are talking about.

Indeed it is. 45 almost exactly. On the website it actually costs 56 including sales taxes etc etc. Although I saw it for 45 in their store on sale. Problem with the store is, that they don't really care about their stuff. So there could have been 100 people destroying that one before I bought it, and it could even be used. They take everything back, with out you having the receipt or anything. Hence why I want to find it somewhere else.

The old style cases from GW broke very easily... I still have one for my "rares"; although transporting skaven is going to be realy *really* difficult. tbh I think the only way you can feasibly transport skaven is by the unit on magnetised unit trays.

I know there are those magnitised trays, and I really want those too. But just so we are talking about the same thing here, the ones I know exist, are for actually moving a unit say in a battle or something. This one is for moving the entire army around, out in the real world when going to a friends house for instance. Are there magnitized "bags" for transportation as well?

boli
27-01-2012, 15:45
I got some selfadhesive metal paper which I attach to my movement trays.... and a roll of ribbon magnets 20mm wide. - that works fine for keeping the models on the tray.

I've been looking to getting some sort of tool-box with either drawers or cantilevers - then I can just stick magnets onto the bottom of my movement trays and clamp em into place :D but there is no way I can hope to afford and be have to deal with the sort of units skaven are fielding these days!

Lorcryst
28-01-2012, 09:10
I must be a rare bird ... I've been using GW cases for more than 5 years, and I've never had a clasp break, or any problem with the hinges ...

Of course, being careful helps, as in no banging on the clasps, not tearing the case open in a hurry, that sort of things ... but that is the same for all the cases from every manufacturer.

Granted, you'd need a couple of cases for a Skaven army, maybe one of the big ones to get the block of pluckable foam for the big pieces, but if you can fit two models per slot (as I do with my Night Goblins), even a small one can transport 216 models ...

Eyrenthaal
30-01-2012, 23:00
Hi,

I Dont know about that range but i myself am using the kr multicases and must say that im very pleased. Both the cardboxes (Good value for your money!) and the Alu cases are really nice. I had some minor problems but the fix has always been just one email away. Really Good customer service..

Hope You find something that suits You!

AlphariusOmegon20
31-01-2012, 14:36
I must be a rare bird ... I've been using GW cases for more than 5 years, and I've never had a clasp break, or any problem with the hinges ...

Of course, being careful helps, as in no banging on the clasps, not tearing the case open in a hurry, that sort of things ... but that is the same for all the cases from every manufacturer.

Granted, you'd need a couple of cases for a Skaven army, maybe one of the big ones to get the block of pluckable foam for the big pieces, but if you can fit two models per slot (as I do with my Night Goblins), even a small one can transport 216 models ...

I'd suggest a GW Monster case while they're still available. I've found them indispensable for transporting large models in general (cavalry size and up that don't fit in a normal case slot)